Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Could a med school take away my acceptance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by stansbury, Nov 27, 2005.

1. stansbury

stansbury Member
    7+ Year Member

So i just got accepted into med school (I am really excited) and now i am wondering whether I need to finish a minor that i was doing. Currently i have listed 3 minors on my amcas application, i am done with 2 and to get the 3rd one done next semester, seems like way too much work. Do you think if I get my major done plus 2 minors, the med school will be okay with me not finishing the 3rd minor, or am I committing fraud by not finishing the 3rd minor?
    I have heard of people getting their acceptances taken away (never for this issue though), if anyone knows of a case similar to this, please let me know.

thanks for your opinions
    Stansbury

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Chinorean

Chinorean Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

It's not fraud because it was all true at the time you reported it. You could quit all your EC's, drop the minors and stop ferrying little old ladies across the street and they would not take away your acceptance. You can't fail your classes and you have to graduate, that's all there is.

4. Law2Doc

Law2Doc 5K+ Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Actually I beleive some school's acceptance letters indicate that you must get at least a C in all remaining coursework. But I doubt they will care much about minors not required for graduation credits.

5. humuhumu

humuhumu nukunuku apua'a
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Check with the school to be sure. I know that U of Utah (for example) could take away your acceptance over a change like that.

6. doctorFred

doctorFred intensive carer
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    not only is that probably not an issue at 99% of the schools out there if they knew that you didn't finish the minor, but i also highly doubt the school is going to even notice if you didn't tell them.

7. BaylorGuy

BaylorGuy Enter witty comment here
    7+ Year Member

Read the acceptance packet again or call the school....they usually have like a terms of acceptance page in your packet that says some things like you must graduate with at least a C, turn in a final transcript, not get charged with a crime, etc.

8. Hurricane95

Hurricane95 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I quit my minor too, it's just too much work and I feel like relaxing a little my senior year. Don't stress that. I would keep most of your EC going just in case (im paranoid), but don't put nearly as much effort in them as you used to. Just cruise and finish your classes decently (Im aiming for a mix of As and Bs) oh and dont commit any crimes, and youre in.

9. cleareyedguy

cleareyedguy Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No school would withdraw their acceptance because you didn't finish your 3rd minor.

10. humuhumu

humuhumu nukunuku apua'a
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I will reiterate: when in doubt, contact the ad com.

11. stansbury

stansbury Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks for everyone's input. Its just that getting an acceptance is so much work, i dont want to lose it due to a stupid mistake. And i defintely plan to speak to adcom before making a move.

12. MattD

MattD Curmudgeon
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Mine just said that I needed to let them know if I changed any of my planned curriculum. I'm sure if you just call and let them know, they'll tell you if there's a problem. I was pretty vague with my future classes on AMCAS anyway, I put things like 'Humanities Elective' and 'Technical Elective' instead of listing specific classes. Anyways, just call them, they'll tell you.

13. SearsTower

SearsTower Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    if you change your gender, will they take away your acceptance?

14. gary5

gary5 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

LMAO! Your post is too anal and neurotic to answer. Thanks for the entertainment!