Could I survive taking orgo lab, biochemistry and physics 1 at the same time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ecob12

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could I survive taking orgo lab, biochemistry and physics 1 at the same time? I currently have a 4.0. GPA at 92 credits so I don't think getting a B in a class or two would hurt, but will I be in over my head with that course load along with an upper division bio (a fairly easy elective)?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it also depends on what you're planning to do in addition to classes this quarter/semester. I took the same course load a few quarters ago while also starting an internship, working in lab, and keeping up with a leadership position in a student org. I enjoyed biochem/physics, but it became too much for me in terms of time management and my ochem grade suffered. Without all of the extracurriculars I think the classes are pretty doable, but if you have time to take some of the classes later I would definitely recommend it! 4 science classes is a lot, maybe take an easier GE and push biochem or physics to another quarter/semester. Really no point in cramming all the hard classes together and struggling through it

Reactions: 1 user