could rly use some advice.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buddahbelly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So, here's my dilemma.. I'm scheduled to take the MCAT next friday (5-21-10) and unfortunately, I haven't been scoring as well as I'd hope on the AAMC practice tests. I've taken the Kaplan course, as well as studied on my own with EK. I've been studying for this exam for about a year and for some odd reason, I just can't seem to pass the hump.

I have a 3.80 cGPA and ~3.68 sGPA in biochemistry. My MCAT scores are pretty crappy, but I'm expecting to receive a score around the mid-20's (24-26).. I know these are horrible scores, but I don't know what else to do. I have really good EC's, IMO, but a little weak on the research side. Also, I just graduated from UF and a native of Florida. I'm also taking a yr off... because I wasn't "ready" to take this test last summer, which turned out to be very beneficial apparently -.-

So, my question to you guys is: do I even have a chance of getting in anywhere? and if so, which schools do you recommend I apply to?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

If you can score in the high 20s, I think you'd still have a shot at MD. Your state schools would be your best bet. If you get in the mid-20s or lower, it would be better to focus mainly on DO schools.

Do you think you could score better with more study time? If so, you could try post-poning your exam another month.

I was hoping I just take the test and see how I do. If I still score as poorly, I'll consider retaking.. Thanks for the input!