could this be a possible lawsuit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mancreatedgod

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone that I know, he got his teeth fixed, well, he got a few of his lower jaw teeth pulled out, and had installed a few new fake teeth on his lower jaw. After a few years, those teeth got loose. So the dentist had to pull out all his lower jaw teeth, and install a fake thing. (I don't know how to call it.)

I am just wondering if this is normal? Or if that dentist is really bad. Could he get sued for doing such a bad job?

Members don't see this ad.

mancreatedgod said:
someone that i know, he got his teeth fixed, well, he got a few of his lower jaw teeth pulled out, and had installed a few new fake teeth on his lower jaw. after a few years, those teeth got loose. so the dentist had to pull out all his lower jaw teeth, and install a fake thing. ( i don't know how to call it.)

i am just wondering if this is normal? or if that dentist was really bad. could he gets sued for doing such a bad job?

You is not a very smart feller, is you??

LSR1979 said:
LSR1979, didn't you get one someone else's case for disrespecting Gavin in another thread? What's this post all about?

To the OP:
I'm totally worthless when it comes to answering your question...but I am skeptical that you will get a good answer on this forum because there are many details left out in your story. Plus, many of us are not in a position to make judgements on lawsuits and stuff of that nature.

Members don't see this ad :)
mancreatedgod said:
someone that i know, he got his teeth fixed, well, he got a few of his lower jaw teeth pulled out, and had installed a few new fake teeth on his lower jaw. after a few years, those teeth got loose. so the dentist had to pull out all his lower jaw teeth, and install a fake thing. ( i don't know how to call it.)

i am just wondering if this is normal? or if that dentist was really bad. could he gets sued for doing such a bad job?

I tink onli 1 of dem new teefers shoulda ben pulled! Soo da toof doc!

drat said:
LSR1979, didn't you get one someone else's case for disrespecting Gavin in another thread? What's this post all about?

To the OP:
I'm totally worthless when it comes to answering your question...but I am skeptical that you will get a good answer on this forum because there are many details left out in your story. Plus, many of us are not in a position to make judgements on lawsuits and stuff of that nature.

I thought it was crap to rip on Gavin for his opinion and therefore belittle his NBDE I score. This original post deserves no such defense. If people want to be taken seriously they should try to make themselves seem credible by not sounding like a six year old.

LSR1979 said:

hey, whatever u r, i don't know how thoose dental jargons. alright. that is not the point.

but with my common sense, it just doesn't seem to be right. for the rest of dental students, with the knowledge that u have so far, what do u think? i don't believe that people should sue doctors for any minute mistakes. however, this one just doesn't seem to be minute.

mancreatedgod said:

Well, it's hard to tell much from what you've described. Your story is pretty vague. But, in general, all dental work has a limited lifespan; we expect that it will fail at some point. We would all like for our work to last forever, but unfortunately we are limited by the materials and techniques available to us and many other variables that are simply out of our control.

I think your best bet would be to talk with the dentist rather than wasting your time with a lawyer. This case doesn't sound like it has a leg to stand on but getting an explanation from the dentist may help your friend feel better about the situation.

Here's my translation:

The patient had some of his lower molars removed and replaced with implants. The implants became mobile and therefore had to be removed, only to be replaced by a lower removable-partial-denture.

Now....here's what REALLY happened:

The patient didn't take care of his original teeth, which is why the molars had to be pulled in the first place. And we all know that people who don't take care of their original teeth don't suddenly "get religion" with their hygiene when they get implants. He didn't take care of his implants either, and they had to be removed secondary to implantitis. He probably continued to smoke with implants. So they had to come out.

Simple hygiene. I sometimes wonder if people who don't brush their teeth also don't wipe their a$$ after taking a dump.

Sorry to be so cynical, but I see people everyday who say that their periodontitis must be hereditary because "my diddy had that pyurea too and he got his toofs pulled when he was 27." It seems that the culture of our society is that everything is someone else's fault. The dentist did his part, but the patient neglected his part.

If the "fake teeth" means that this guy got a bridge, then I think what happened was this bridge failed, damaged contiguous teeth, which had to be extracted, and a larger bridge was placed. This is pretty standard, and it isn't hard to imagine that if oral hygeine is poor, that the new bridge will fail too. Why someone would keep putting a bridge on weak teeth is another story. But what do I know? I'M JUST A CAVEMAN!

toofache32 said:
Here's my translation:

The patient had some of his lower molars removed and replaced with implants. The implants became mobile and therefore had to be removed, only to be replaced by a lower removable-partial-denture.

Now....here's what REALLY happened:

The patient didn't take care of his original teeth, which is why the molars had to be pulled in the first place. And we all know that people who don't take care of their original teeth don't suddenly "get religion" with their hygiene when they get implants. He didn't take care of his implants either, and they had to be removed secondary to implantitis. He probably continued to smoke with implants. So they had to come out.

Simple hygiene. I sometimes wonder if people who don't brush their teeth also don't wipe their a$$ after taking a dump.

Sorry to be so cynical, but I see people everyday who say that their periodontitis must be hereditary because "my diddy had that pyurea too and he got his toofs pulled when he was 27." It seems that the culture of our society is that everything is someone else's fault. The dentist did his part, but the patient neglected his part.

Probably shot up Meth too! :eek: :eek:

Fullosseousflap said:
Probably shot up Meth too! :eek: :eek:
fullosseousflap and toofache32 you guys crack me up. im in the library studying for molecular biology laughin my a$$ off.hahahahhahahahahah

Toofache:
finepost0wu.jpg

zdaddy08 said:
I tink onli 1 of dem new teefers shoulda ben pulled! Soo da toof doc!

:laugh: :laugh: Voted the funniest post of 2005!!!! zdaddy your post is priceless!!!! Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.2b said:
:laugh: :laugh: Voted the funniest post of 2005!!!! zdaddy your post is priceless!!!! Thanks
I second that motion

egpndoc said:
fullosseousflap and toofache32 you guys crack me up. im in the library studying for molecular biology laughin my a$$ off.hahahahhahahahahah

We Attempt to Oblige! :D

LSR1979 said:

To LSR1979 and all the other people who have made remarks about the grammar of the OP. Look at the syntax and the choice of words, I am making an assumption but it looks to me like english is not the native language of the poster. Step back and think before you fire.

SPBest said:
To LSR1979 and all the other people who have made remarks about the grammar of the OP. Look at the syntax and the choice of words, I am making an assumption but it looks to me like english is not the native language of the poster. Step back and think before you fire.
Yup, exactly.

Oh, if we all had perfect English and knew dental nomenclature inside and out, what a perfect world this would be.

LSR1979 said:

first, i chose to ignore idiots like you. then little did I know, more idiots came out, and followed your steps. :thumbdown:

english is not the official language of the world. simply because you may speak perfect english, to the british, you are still a countryman. because your english is not the original Queen's english. ie, flashlight in proper Queen's english should be "torch."

second, you are obviously not a smart man yourself, you judge people's intelligence by their english speaking ability. by your idiotic standard, then all the non-english speaking people would be stupid. :smuggrin:

mancreatedgod said:
...you are still a countryman. because your english is not the original Queen's english.
I know the Queen's English. And the King is English, too.

toofache32 said:
Here's my translation:

He didn't take care of his implants either, and they had to be removed secondary to implantitis. He probably continued to smoke with implants. So they had to come out.

well, he does smoke like 1 cigarrete/day. is that bad enough to damage his teeth? so are you saying that he doesn't brush his teeth well enough? he brushes his teeth morning and night with his e-toothbrush.

mancreatedgod said:
well, he does smoke like 1 cigarrete/day. is that bad enough to damage his teeth? so are you saying that he doesn't brush his teeth well enough? he brushes his teeth morning and night with his e-toothbrush.
First, electric toothbrushes are no better than regular toothbrushes except in people with manual dexterity problems. I guess some people just need a gimick.

I've never met anyone who smoked 1 cig per day. 1 cigarette-per-day in my profession really means 1-half-pack per day. Just like "a 6-pack of beer every week" really means "a 12-pack of beer every night." And yes, a half-pack of cigs per day is plenty to damage the gingiva.

Lastly, you bring up a good point about brushing. Is there a difference between "brushing twice per day" and "brushing your teeth well enough?" Definately. If you have periodontitis, then you're not brushing well enough...no matter how many times per day you brush. It's all about hygiene, plain and simple. A toothbrush can put me out of business.

I am still curious to know why his teeth had to be pulled in the first place.

toofache32 said:
Lastly, you bring up a good point about brushing. Is there a difference between "brushing twice per day" and "brushing your teeth well enough?" Definately. If you have periodontitis, then you're not brushing well enough...no matter how many times per day you brush. It's all about hygiene, plain and simple. A toothbrush can put me out of business.
Straight-up home skillet