Could this person get into a top 5 Med School? (ZERO clinical/healthcare EC's)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rolling over dying laughing.

QUICK CALL A MED STUDENT TO RE-ANIMATE ME!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread can't actually be serious. I don't.... I don't....

troll.jpg

Check out the umbilicus on this troll.

Her parents told her that she could be either "docta" or engineer! ;)

I'm not gonna lie, the girl's resume seems impressive, but I don't envy her one bit. I would rather live a little than try and do all this crazy sh9t. Then again, I am assuming here, and maybe she actually wanted to do this out of her own volition. Either way, I'd rather have a much more relaxed undergrad life.

god damn it, this thread went full ******. I ended up seeing that said girl in question actually registered to post here. now i can't study properly...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not gonna lie, the girl's resume seems impressive, but I don't envy her one bit. I would rather live a little than try and do all this crazy sh9t. Then again, I am assuming here, and maybe she actually wanted to do this out of her own volition. Either way, I'd rather have a much more relaxed undergrad life.

This entire forum is so ridiculous... It seems like everyone just makes assumptions and uses stereotypes in an attempt to bully others. I think you all have self-esteem issues, which you can hopefully learn to address in your psych rotations should any of you actually get through the trials of getting into medical school.

Yes, of course I did all of these things of my own volition. I have more impressive activities that didn't fit on my resume than yours probably has in its entirety. I have plenty of relaxation and I lead a completely stress free life, thank you very much. I just don't waste as much time as you all do on an internet forum so I have time help make the world a better place.

I hate the name Joyce. Joyce, Edith, and Paula, those are the three names I can't stand.

god damn it, this thread went full ******. I ended up seeing that said girl in question actually registered to post here. now i can't study properly...

rqTBx.gif

This entire forum is so ridiculous... It seems like everyone just makes assumptions and uses stereotypes in an attempt to bully others. I think you all have self-esteem issues, which you can hopefully learn to address in your psych rotations should any of you actually get through the trials of getting into medical school.

Yes, of course I did all of these things of my own volition. I have more impressive activities that didn't fit on my resume than yours probably has in its entirety. I have plenty of relaxation and I lead a completely stress free life, thank you very much. I just don't waste as much time as you all do on an internet forum so I have time help make the world a better place.

You top troll! ;)

Ouch I wasn't trying to be mean or condescending but that hurts. Someone call a doctor cause I'm in pain.

The real Joyce Meng wouldn't even take time out of her prestigious life to banter with us lowly premeds. You guys do realize that people like Joyce actually run the world right? While us doctors will have a glass ceiling on our incomes while wiping runny noses and doing prostate exams the rest of our lives, Joyce will be wining and dining and swimming in pools of money a la Scrooge McDuck

ScroogeMcDuck.png

The entertainment value of this thread increased so much more than I could have ever anticipated. All I do is post mostly snarky comments to stupid questions and offer legit MCAT advice, but I am in awe of this..
Also, Joyce, if you don't want people posting and discussing stuff about your resume, don't post it on the Internet with your name and phone number on it. That's silly.

I'm not quite sure how this thread ended up here, but I like it.

So, why finance/business?

Totally unrelated but...I think she went to my high school (way before my time though).

Business school is easier?

Ha ha ha ha (this is a loud sarcastic laugh). In business, we actually have to use our minds to create new ideas. It's not just straight memorization like everything in medicine. I took all the prereqs (mostly as AP courses) and I found that they did not allow me to use my full potential. A monkey can memorize all the reactions in ochem. It just takes time. Medicine is the same way - you don't have to prove your mettle. As soon as you all get into med school, you will just have to put in the work and you will become an MD.

In business, to be good you have to access your creativity. You can't just grind your way through to success; you have to actually innovate. That's why I chose business. It isn't easier and it isn't boring repetitive memorization.

In business, to be good you have to access your creativity. You can't just grind your way through to success; you have to actually innovate. That's why I chose business. It isn't easier and it isn't boring repetitive memorization.

Just like my friends on Wall Street who work 80 hours a week punching numbers into a computer.

I too can make broad sweeping generalizations.

Joyce your accomplishments are outstanding, most people couldn't achieve what you have done in a lifetime and you deserve every ounce of proper credit for the initiative you have taken.

Some of the comments you have received are beyond immature. But on the other hand, I don't know why you registered here to try to defend yourself when you are only adding more fuel to the fire. Stop wasting your time here and continue to do what you have been doing, all the best to you.

lozGr.gif

Threads like this make SDN like the above bucket of neverending popcorn

Joyce your accomplishments are outstanding, most people couldn't achieve what you have done in a lifetime and you deserve every ounce of proper credit for the initiative you have taken.

Some of the comments you have received are beyond immature. But on the other hand, I don't know why you registered here to try to defend yourself when you are only adding more fuel to the fire. Stop wasting your time here and continue to do what you have been doing, all the best to you.

I blame flatearth.

Ha ha ha ha (this is a loud sarcastic laugh). In business, we actually have to use our minds to create new ideas. It's not just straight memorization like everything in medicine. I took all the prereqs (mostly as AP courses) and I found that they did not allow me to use my full potential. A monkey can memorize all the reactions in ochem. It just takes time. Medicine is the same way - you don't have to prove your mettle. As soon as you all get into med school, you will just have to put in the work and you will become an MD.

Obvious troll is obvious, because the majority of premed prerequisites are not available as AP credit and the picture of her parents is taken straight from her website.

Despite the obvious troll, I will still use this opportunity to hate on business students:

Proving mettle in business is the equivalent of being a blood sucking leech. Business isn't about innovation at all. Business is about manipulating the innovation of others to succeed, all while trampling everyone who gets in your way.

Business majors don't hold patents, engineers and scientists do. Society advances because of science, business is the greedy waiter who takes a slice of the cake after it leaves the kitchen and before it reaches your plate.

I notice you spend a lot of time trying to help raise money for poor, rural people in third world countries. You know why those people have a hard time earning a living wage on their own? Businesses like Goldman Sachs.

Boy are generalizations fun.

A world without business school graduates would be far preferable to a world without doctors. Just like lawyers, everyone hates doctors until they need one right?

Not that it matters, engineering is what the world stands on anyways ;)

Finally, I'm not sure if you know how the internet works, but posting in a forum where you're being flamed isn't going to make the phone calls stop.

3uiYP.gif

Last edited:
To pontificate on whether this rather accomplished (albeit homely) individual could get into a top 5 med school.

Bobby Jindal got into Harvard Med and Yale Law the same year but chose to take the Rhodes Scholarship and do consulting at McKinsey afterwards.

Are you serious? Bobby Jindal Republican Governor of Louisiana?

Last edited:
He was also accepted to Brown's PLME program (combined undergrad and medical program).

Wow very impressive. Even though I've always viewed him as nothing more than a stereotypical Republican, he's definitely an intelligent individual.

+10000000

Like I've said countless times, the VAST majority of doctors are just glorified mechanics (because the VAST majority of doctors are in primary care). Why do you think adcoms let in people with mid-20's MCATs and low GPA's (mostly URM) every year? They would never put the safety of the patient at risk by accepting someone who isn't qualified. The answer is that you don't have to be that qualified to be a primary care doc. Only for MD/PhD's, other individuals in academic medicine, and intellectually demanding specialties like nephrology or radiology do you actually need and utilize your intellect.

Like I've said countless times, the VAST majority of doctors are just glorified mechanics (because the VAST majority of doctors are in primary care). Why do you think adcoms let in people with mid-20's MCATs and low GPA's (mostly URM) every year? They would never put the safety of the patient at risk by accepting someone who isn't qualified. The answer is that you don't have to be that qualified to be a primary care doc. Only for MD/PhD's, other individuals in academic medicine, and intellectually demanding specialties like nephrology or radiology do you actually need and utilize your intellect.

You're slipping flatearth, the key to trolling is subtlety.

So do you like Mad Men?

Does she fly fighter jets and own an island?

I bet a few of you have called her asking for a date.

Oh hey Joyce. I heard you were pretty ferocious in LD debate back in the day. I see it lasts.

To pontificate on whether this rather accomplished (albeit homely) individual could get into a top 5 med school.

Bobby Jindal got into Harvard Med and Yale Law the same year but chose to take the Rhodes Scholarship and do consulting at McKinsey afterwards.
I wonder sometime do ppl on here really talk like this in real life or are you just trying to sound smart on this premed forum? People on here use words like gambrinous instead of saying "drunk". Just curious, maybe its just me.

Joyce is so full of herself, I think she meets the requirements to be a med student lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.