matrix570

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm having a major problem with solubility and Ksp section...so I'm wondering if you guys could recommend me some good study materials for this particular topic (other than the Kaplan review book). I have a DAT in Feb...Please get back to me asap

thanks

montag925

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2006
New Jersey
Status
Dental Student
matrix,

the level of difficulty of any expected problem in this area will be relatively easy. being in the same situation you were in, the suggestion i make is to master the fundamental concept of easy Ksp problems. if you so desire, your chemisty 1 textbook would be a good reference. for the level of understanding that needs to be comprehended for the DAT, I would recommend just googleing that topic and any other topic that is giving you dificulity. wikipedia works wonders.

ak47

flossy flossy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2007
the midwest
Status
Dental Student
I'm having a major problem with solubility and Ksp section...so I'm wondering if you guys could recommend me some good study materials for this particular topic (other than the Kaplan review book). I have a DAT in Feb...Please get back to me asap

thanks
go to your library, barnes and noble, borders, etc. and use the AP Chemistry study books (barrons, kaplan, priceton review). do as many problems as possible. good luck!

About the Ads

Stephie3

10+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
this might sound outlandish but you know what i would do? just skip studying that section all together.

at most, you MIGHt get like two questions about solubility on the DAT. even then, they'd be like really easy ones. if you can get a study guide like Destroyer, then just go over the solubility questions in it and know those well, then move on to another subject.

one of the things that took me forever to learn was not to just dwell on just one subject forever.

the way the DAT is set up is that you don't need an in-depth knowledge of one of two subjects. what you DO need is a broad, shallower knowledge of a wide range of subjects. having a deeper knowledge of certain subjects is good (and thats what i tend to do) but not necessary for success on the DAT.

About the Ads