Could you tell me about DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bongobingo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview there but I already hold an acceptance at a different DO school. Is there any reason to believe that DMU has the better match list in the DO world or otherwise is better? I know it's more expensive.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an interview there but I already hold an acceptance at a different DO school. Is there any reason to believe that DMU has the better match list in the DO world or otherwise is better? I know it's more expensive.

well what is your different DO school?

well what is your different DO school?
it's not considered strong in clinical rotations, it is new. But I would like you to compare DMU to NYCOM instead. They cost about the same and they still havent accepted me. Is either one clearly superior? At least in terms of clinical rotations and match list?

Members don't see this ad :)
it's not considered strong in clinical rotations, it is new. But I would like you to compare DMU to NYCOM instead. They cost about the same and they still havent accepted me. Is either one clearly superior? At least in terms of clinical rotations and match list?

Well... I would say location should be your biggest deciding factor in all of this.. NYCOM seems to have a lot of fluctuation in their board results, but pretty much that will be up to you to study for. I did not apply to either, but I can tell you where NYCOM is located is a great area in Long Island. You'll be close to NYC, NJ, and CT. It is a much more populated area. It depends what you want living wise.

:laugh: - NYCOM and DMU do NOT cost the same!!!
DMU 37630 (including fees)
NYCOM 44405 (not including fees)
that's 7k a year just for tuition.

check out the cost of living comparison:
http://www.bestplaces.net/col/?salary=50000&city1=51921000&city2=53654705
"Housing is 1263% more expensive in Old Westbury."

Maybe some NYCOMers can comment if they found cheaper housing nearby?
As far as school's go, I would think they are the same quality. DMU is the second oldest DO school, and NYCOM is pretty well known. NYCOM might make it easier to get a residency in NY or the northeast, but I think that's really the only difference

If I were you, I would definitely check it out...it's probably the best DO school in my opinion, and no, I don't go there.