Counsel Me...what to do what to do...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliGirl15

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright following in the spirit of everyone else I am asking people's opinions on what to do. I have been accepted to NYU, and waitlisted at Case western and USC. I am debating if I should reapply...I am a CA girl (obviously) and I am having a really hard time wanting to go to NYU. I really want to go to a CA school...but I am not sure if there is any chance I would get into one next cycle because they are so competitive.
Stats:
GPA: 3.62 overall, 3.6 science
DAT: AA 21, TS 22, bio 23, gen 21, org. 21, QR 20, RC 19, and PAT 20
not much dental experience (2 days)

Members don't see this ad.

Alright following in the spirit of everyone else I am asking people's opinions on what to do. I have been accepted to NYU, and waitlisted at Case western and USC. I am debating if I should reapply...I am a CA girl (obviously) and I am having a really hard time wanting to go to NYU. I really want to go to a CA school...but I am not sure if there is any chance I would get into one next cycle because they are so competitive.
Stats:

You being waitlisted with that kind of record has started to get me worried when it comes time for me to apply.

It's really up to you. Your stats are good, but I don't know how they're going to compare to next cycle so I can't tell you. If I were in your shoes I would go to NYU and just get it started. You obviously know your situation better than anyone else, but i'm just saying, the sooner you start the sooner you finish.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stats:

Pack your bags and go to NYU. It's that simple. Consider yourself lucky!
NYU is expensive but who would want to go through that application process again? The waiting, the pain, the uncertainty, OMG...I actually just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

The drawback from attending NYU is the cost. But there are a couple of other schools that are just about as expensive.

Other than that, I don't see how anyone can not like NYU. It's in the heart of NYC, the school if pretty much like a hotel (they even recently installed a flat screen tv on each elevator), the students are pretty nice and friendly. . .