plattinum9

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2004
38
0
California
Status
well according to the website, it says March 21 is when the last batch of offers are given out...i hope it's good news, all you VCU people banking it on March let me hear ya! woot woot!
 

Timmythemic22

Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2004
1,209
24
37
NJ
Status
I'm with ya brother!
 

ComptonLBC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
8
0
Status
I don't kno if i wanna go to VCU even if i do get accepted. Interview dude was wack. Buildings..eh...
 
OP
P

plattinum9

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2004
38
0
California
Status
ComptonLBC said:
I don't kno if i wanna go to VCU even if i do get accepted. Interview dude was wack. Buildings..eh...

dude VCU is awesome...i had a good experience there, nice school, cool students, my type of crowd for sure...plus the professor of physiology writes physio books nationwide...my friend at UCLA med is using the professor's book and wants me to get an autograph for him if i get into VCU...but thats jus my opinion...well good luck on where ever u go....in the meantime come on VCU!!!!!!!!!!
 

camisho

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
372
0
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Count me in guys. Who's from Virginia here? 3/21 is especially key for you guys.
 

insistence

Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2004
49
0
Status
plattinum9 said:
dude VCU is awesome...i had a good experience there, nice school, cool students, my type of crowd for sure...plus the professor of physiology writes physio books nationwide...my friend at UCLA med is using the professor's book and wants me to get an autograph for him if i get into VCU...but thats jus my opinion...well good luck on where ever u go....in the meantime come on VCU!!!!!!!!!!
I would second your opinion! Of course I'm a little biased since I've decided to stay at VCU for med school but all I hear are wonderful things about the school. Solid curriculum (block scheduling keeps things for getting overwhelming), very laid back students who work together, fantastic, hands-on clinical training, and GREAT faculty. The awesome thing about Dr. Costanzo (the nationally reknown prof you speak of) is that she's the NICEST person you'll ever meet. People are always in her office just talking to her about stuff and she never makes you feel like you're wasting her time.

I wish all of you waiting for VCU the best of luck. It's a great school and I'm happy to be starting in August :)
 
OP
P

plattinum9

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2004
38
0
California
Status
camisho said:
Count me in guys. Who's from Virginia here? 3/21 is especially key for you guys.

i'm from CA, does it make a difference on residency status for the march offers?
 

Attentive

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
89
0
Status
plattinum9 said:
i'm from CA, does it make a difference on residency status for the march offers?
I think the poster you were referring to meant that since the Virginia residents' waitlist has little movement relative to the out of state waitlist, the last chance for pre-waitlist acceptances (3/21) for virginia residents is especially important.

However given that they select a lower number of out of state residents per cycle, the number of slots given to out of state people may already be filled.

In short,

instate - more people admitted on 3/21 less waitlist movement later.
outofstate - less people admitted on 3/21, more waitlist movement later.
 

patel8

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2004
52
0
Status
count me in too... i've been waiting on vcu since october.. i'm also out of state so i'm thinking i might just be placed on the waitlist :( oh well we'll see what happens good luck to all!
 

Csv321

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2004
299
0
San Diego, CA
Status
So I know there has been some confusion on this before so does anyone know for sure that everyone who's not accepted is automatically waitlisted by out of state or in state? Or do some people whose scores are too high get rejected and then the waitlist is formed?
 

8-)

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2004
82
0
Status
Csv321 said:
So I know there has been some confusion on this before so does anyone know for sure that everyone who's not accepted is automatically waitlisted by out of state or in state? Or do some people whose scores are too high get rejected and then the waitlist is formed?
From my understanding, they automatically reject those with 5's (the worst score) relatively quickly. The rest are either accepted or put on hold/waitlisted.

The whole process is slower for out of state applicants. She stressed that out of state applicants not hearing anything is not necessarily a bad thing.
 

vivek311r

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2005
61
0
Virginia
Status
Thanks for bumming me out with the whole "In-state kids have only one shot on 3-21"

:(

Jk, however, does the waitlist for instate really move slow? It doesnt make sense that either one of them would move faster or slower...
 

vivek311r

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2005
61
0
Virginia
Status
:cool: you're right, i know someone that was rejected post-interview b/c I'm guessing his priority score was somewhere above a 3.5

So that means we're golden, for now
 

8-)

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2004
82
0
Status
vivek311r said:
Thanks for bumming me out with the whole "In-state kids have only one shot on 3-21"

:(

Jk, however, does the waitlist for instate really move slow? It doesnt make sense that either one of them would move faster or slower...
The reason the two waitlists move at different speeds is tuition. In-state applicants who have been accepted are more likely to enroll (and therefore not give up their seat, therefore not moving the waitlist) than accepted out-of-state applicants who may decide to enroll in their state school (therefore giving up thier seat and moving the waitlist).

But the overall chance of admittance POST-interview for both in-state and out-of-state applicants is about the same; it's just much harder for out-of-state applicants to get the interview.

Good luck everybody!