1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Couple of MCAT Q's.....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Chadleez1, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Chadleez1

Chadleez1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have a couple of MCAT questions that I'm hoping you can help me with: First, I won't be taking the MCAT for a couple of years, but I have been looking at the website, just getting an understanding of it. What I can't find, is a list of testing centers. I'm just wondering where I could find that, if anyone knows. The other question is about prep courses--just from your experiences with different ones, how they are structured, length, anything like that. Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior
    7+ Year Member

To get a listing of testing centers, I suggest you go to your school's testing-office. I think all undergrad institutions have such an office where standardized test forms are available. Pick up an MCAT registration form. It contains this list. If your school doesnt have such an office, pick a form up from your pre-health advisor. The form also gives a really brief description of the exam. As far as review courses go, I think I like PR but that's just my opinion. You have a few years and really should not concern yourself with review course ratings at this point. Develop your critical reading abilities (analysis, comprehension, and speed) You can do this by consistently reading large volumes of books, newspapers (NY times is good), and literary criticism or philosophy journals. In addition to this, you must try to LEARN what's going on in your science courses. Just making an "A" aint gonna cut it. Hope this helps.