Couple of questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samurai361

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a Virginia resident and I visited the VCU dental school and it was really cool, the only negative was the area but I guess picking and choosing isn't really an option. However I'm moving to Wisconsin to live with a relative (a "guardian" even), and probably going to transfer to a state school in Wisconsin. So what would I have to do to become a resident of Wisconsin? My parents technically live overseas but they pay taxes to the state of Virginia.

I got mixed answers from people I've asked, one person told me I'd have to work for at least a year, someone else said that as long as I'm under 24 I need to be considered a dependent off a Wisconsin parent (or guardian?), another one said that if I get a job and live in Wisconsin they'd consider me a resident as long as I'm at least 18, so I'm very confused.

... also comparing Marquette and VCU, I haven't done much research on Marquette at all before because it was so out there but would they be about the same caliber or is there something I should know?

Thanks a bunch guys :)

Members don't see this ad.