Couple Q's (AACOMAS May?) - Touro Harlem, Etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thierryhenry

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys + gals.

I know AACOMAS last year (for 2008 cycle) didn't open until about a week or so after June officially. I called OUCOM (Ohio) to ask about some things and spoke to a dean obviously (a doctor of some-sort) and he stated that AACOMAS was going to be open May 10th for the 2009 cycle? Is this true? My pre-med advisor thought he was mistaken. I hadn't heard this can anyone confirm this.

Also - Touro Harlem, what is the deal? Preference to Residents/Jewish? Seems like a small class size for 2007 (135 or something) wondering about the in's and out's compared to the CAL campus and NV campus.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

don't know about the date for this cycle. Touro has no preferences except for who they feel will make great physicians. good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
"All applicants will be required to fill out a new application, including sending all official transcripts and payment when the 2008-2009 cycle launches in May."

When did the cycle open for C of 2012 (2008 cycle)?

Anyone got that date

thanks BOSS

When did the cycle open for C of 2012 (2008 cycle)?

Anyone got that date

thanks BOSS

It was in June, but I thought I remember something about it being later than normal or it should have been.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. As long as you are in by end of August, you'll be fine for most schools.

YOu usually have access to the application in may but cannot submit it for verification until June. this give you time to fill everything out. You can also start sending transcripts once the site opens before verification.

Touro Univ doesn't have a preference for Jewish applicants. On the interview trail, Roger Corbman (director of admissions at Touro Nevada) adressed this issue directly, because students are often curious. Turns out Touro Nevada has more LDS faithful, esp bc of its proximity to Utah. anyways, good luck with the application cycle!

Thanks JohnnyG that makes more sense and was exactly what I was thinking..