• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

thierryhenry

Oct 24, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hey guys + gals.

I know AACOMAS last year (for 2008 cycle) didn't open until about a week or so after June officially. I called OUCOM (Ohio) to ask about some things and spoke to a dean obviously (a doctor of some-sort) and he stated that AACOMAS was going to be open May 10th for the 2009 cycle? Is this true? My pre-med advisor thought he was mistaken. I hadn't heard this can anyone confirm this.

Also - Touro Harlem, what is the deal? Preference to Residents/Jewish? Seems like a small class size for 2007 (135 or something) wondering about the in's and out's compared to the CAL campus and NV campus.

Thank you.

HarMegido

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
don't know about the date for this cycle. Touro has no preferences except for who they feel will make great physicians. good luck

About the Ads

thierryhenry

Oct 24, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
"All applicants will be required to fill out a new application, including sending all official transcripts and payment when the 2008-2009 cycle launches in May."

HrvatskiDoktor

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2007
Michigan
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
When did the cycle open for C of 2012 (2008 cycle)?

Anyone got that date

thanks BOSS

It was in June, but I thought I remember something about it being later than normal or it should have been.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. As long as you are in by end of August, you'll be fine for most schools.

JonnyG

IN the hospitals....
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
Bala Cynwyd, too cool for philly
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
YOu usually have access to the application in may but cannot submit it for verification until June. this give you time to fill everything out. You can also start sending transcripts once the site opens before verification.

theserbatron

put mo' chamomile on it
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 3, 2007
Lone Star
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Touro Univ doesn't have a preference for Jewish applicants. On the interview trail, Roger Corbman (director of admissions at Touro Nevada) adressed this issue directly, because students are often curious. Turns out Touro Nevada has more LDS faithful, esp bc of its proximity to Utah. anyways, good luck with the application cycle!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.