Couple Quick questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cure4cancer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
rolling admissions. I was just searching on the MD applicants site and noticed a few people mentioned this. They said something like, "The American schools do rolling admissions, so apply early! It will be to your advantage!"
I'm just wondering what rolling admissions is..?

And I've also got a question about the med school in new york (I know theres a few..) I heard there was a school there that required you to pay all 4 years of tuition after being accepted? exactly how much money would that sum up to be?

Thx in advance!
c4c

Members don't see this ad.

rolling means that they look at ur application as it comes in and basically make one of the three choices 1.) accept 2.) reject or 3.) we'll review it again later

this usually lasts until the end of the admissions cycle and they use the category 3 people to make up their waitlist. so the rolling part basically means that they put ur application in a stack. the earlier u submit, the earlier they look at it.

i dunno about the NYC school.. but that would suck. what if u transferred or dropped out? hmm...

cure4cancer said:
rolling admissions. I was just searching on the MD applicants site and noticed a few people mentioned this. They said something like, "The American schools do rolling admissions, so apply early! It will be to your advantage!"
I'm just wondering what rolling admissions is..?

And I've also got a question about the med school in new york (I know theres a few..) I heard there was a school there that required you to pay all 4 years of tuition after being accepted? exactly how much money would that sum up to be?

Thx in advance!
c4c

In New York city, schools you'd be eligible to apply to:

Cornell
Columbia
NYU: and there is a tiny disclaimer encouraging internationals not to apply. This shouldn't exactly discourage you if you have stellar stats.

Now, Columbia is the most friendly of the three. They actually give aid to internationals on the same basis as citizens. Cornell requires 4 years in an escrow account and that is typically between 200k and 210k. So, if you've got the cash, by all means apply. Apply anyway. You never know with these schools.

Hope this helps, and don't PM me. I am near my limit of PMs, and I refuse to delete e-mails as I find some of the hate e-mails to be particularly amusing.

Members don't see this ad :)
GuyLaroche said:
Hope this helps, and don't PM me. I am near my limit of PMs, and I refuse to delete e-mails as I find some of the hate e-mails to be particularly amusing.

Be a sport and post some of them.

virilep said:
rolling means that they look at ur application as it comes in and basically make one of the three choices 1.) accept 2.) reject or 3.) we'll review it again later

this usually lasts until the end of the admissions cycle and they use the category 3 people to make up their waitlist. so the rolling part basically means that they put ur application in a stack. the earlier u submit, the earlier they look at it.

i dunno about the NYC school.. but that would suck. what if u transferred or dropped out? hmm...

There are schools which utilize the waitlist from early in the process so I would expand it to four choices -- some people go directly to waitlist and not to a deferred decision/hold status. With a rolling process, the later you apply the fewer seats or waitlist spots may be left available.

GuyLaroche said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i find your comment particularly amusing. How much hate mail have you received? Even I have not received much hate mail. :laugh: I rarely delete my PMs either and have often been over my limit. I just save mine incase there's some reference regarding a poster that I need at some later point.

GuyLaroche said:

Hmmm... the Jury of AnotherDork is still out on you, GuyLaroche. Sometimes I find your posts a bit arrogant and condescending, yet other times you are quite charming. I am curious as to what makes you tick, and I would like to meet you someday although it seems that the schools you are considering have already closed their doors to me. You are quite the enigma.

That being said, your posts are like heroin to me because I find myself wanting to see what you will say next. And you are ALWAYS informative, which is an asset to SDN. People should cut you a little slack.