couples match

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by beezar, Mar 2, 2002.

1. beezar

beezar Senior Member

Hey,

Anyone out there doing/did the couples match? How does the couples match affect your chances of getting in residencies? For example, if one person had decent grades and the other has not so decent grades.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. coop

coop Senior Member

<a href="http://www.nrmp.org//res_match/special_part/ind_app/couples.html" target="_blank">http://www.nrmp.org//res_match/special_part/ind_app/couples.html</a>

here's the official word... it doesn't necessariy matter how cometetive each of you are, as long as you choose programs appropriately to your competetiveness, the link above lays it out pretty clearly

4. Curt

Curt Junior Member

My wife and I had similar scores/grades and we interviewed at all of the same programs. I was very happy when we matched into our #1 choice.

5. pathchic

pathchic Junior Member

I did the couple's match, and the one thing I can tell you for sure is that it's more stressful and more expensive. At first I thought it was going to be a bit easier because we both have pretty good grades and I was the one doing a less competitive field. But during my interview trail, I found that I liked a lot less programs than my spouse did. Those that turned me off were still descent for him, and the ones I liked were ultra competitive for him. So, we had some tough choices to make when making our ROL. But in the end, things are looking good. At least we both matched, so we don't have to do a Couple-Scramble. I can't imagine what that's like.

Good luck on your couple-match adventure.