Course Classification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chronos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Long time lurker.

Quick question on course classification. I took a course that is considered at my school health promotion/wellness. The course description is below.

"Design, prescription, and implementation of personal exercise programs; lifestyle assessments, diet techniques, stress management, fitness theory."

There is no lab component.

I was thinking it probably belongs in "Health Sciences", but I wasn't sure. Would "Behavior and Social Sciences" be a better fit?

Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,
Long time lurker.

Quick question on course classification. I took a course that is considered at my school health promotion/wellness. The course description is below.

"Design, prescription, and implementation of personal exercise programs; lifestyle assessments, diet techniques, stress management, fitness theory."

There is no lab component.

I was thinking it probably belongs in "Health Sciences", but I wasn't sure. Would "Behavior and Social Sciences" be a better fit?

Thank you for your help!

Probably Health Sciences, but honestly no one is going to care. Pretty positive AMCAS won't change it and adcoms aren't going to be paying close enough attention to its classification for it to matter.