Course Entry for 2018 AMCAS... Lab Separate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trs494

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was browsing through verification threads as well as entering department information into courses for the AMCAS but don't think I saw this question:

How would you enter a combined course (such as biology and lab) separately into the AMCAS if they have different grades? Would you still put "combined lecture and lab" for the first grade and enter a new course for the lab and say "lab only". For example my transcript reads as this:

General Chemistry I
Grade: A
Credit Hours: 4

General Chemistry I Lab:
Grade: A-
Credit Hours: 1

Clearly this classes were combined lecture and lab but would I classify both as combined lecture and lab? or separate just as on the trascript (just lecture and just lab).

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Also another quick question I had was for an S for satisfactory (such as for a library course) that shows up on the transcript or a P for a test (such as a proficiency exam) that also shows up on transcript but has no credit hours. For the library course I just assigned as a pass/fail in special but not sure what to do for the proficiency exam, if I enter it at all!

Thanks

If they appear as different lines on your official transcript, with different grades, then you enter them as separate entries in the Courses section. They would be classified as lecture only, and lab only.

Reactions: 1 user