Course & experiences taken during gap year/application cycle, count?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sugarmouse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have finished my undergraduate degree, and I was wondering whether med schools consider activities (shadowing/volunteering etc...) and any extra courses taken DURING application cycle, after secondaries are submitted. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Everything counts. Now that you've sent your application, they may be asking for any updates (especially if you indicated you're taking courses. But, it's also one way to give them updates throughout the year if you're on a WL) and of course before you enter med schools, they'll want to know about all coursework.

I have finished my undergraduate degree, and I was wondering whether med schools consider activities (shadowing/volunteering etc...) and any extra courses taken DURING application cycle, after secondaries are submitted. Thanks

Based on my experience, you really have to pester them with a ton of updates if you want your new experiences to count, especially if they are post-interview. unfortunately it seems like there is a point system and whatever doesn't make it onto the original application doesn't get factored in the same......