Course Load

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amrazzz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking 21 credit hours this upcoming quarter.I will be taking Organic Chemistry with Lab, Medical Botany, Biology of Cancer, 3 credit hours of undergraduate research, 1 humanities course, and 1 history course, on top of my EC's. I feel that I should finish my graduation requirements up before I study for my MCAT next year. Also, I will not be able to take classes this summer since I will be busy with the SURF Program or the ROSE (conditional acceptance to medical school), depending on how things work out.

Should I risk a possible lowering of my GPA to free up time for MCAT cramming next year?

Members don't see this ad.

Hell no. If I were you i'd try to spread out some of those courses. I wouldn't dare take more then 18 credits with organic chem and its lab.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eh, only you know what you can handle. As long as you don't think you are going to pull *ALL* Bs in the classes, you aren't going to significantly hurt your GPA in the long run. Also, you can always enroll in the classes, see what they are like (i.e. look at syllabi and test schedules), and if you don't think you can handle it drop them/some before you get a W.