1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Course Prerequisites

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tecumseh, Jul 27, 2006.

1. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member
    2+ Year Member

I've noticed that many schools require Physics (with lab) 8 sem. hrs. I come from a school that separates lab and lecture courses and they have separate grades and you enroll for them independently. I've taken over 8 semester hours of physics total but only 1.3 (converted from quarter system) of which were from a lab. Does this meet that requirement? Almost all the schools don't differentiate between lecture and lab semester hours so I don't know if there is a minimum number of semester hours that is required for a lab.

Thanks for any help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Looque

Looque Bob Loblaw
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm not sure what the real answer to your question is, but for comparison's sake, the 8 credit hours of physics that I took was split 6 lecture, 2 lab, which I presume is the norm. I'd just call the schools you're interested in and explain the situation.

4. sentrosi

sentrosi INTARWEB USER
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I found that most schools are okay even if you don't have exactly matching prereqs. I mean, you can't have major discrepencies, but 7 credit hours vs 8 credit hours or other things like that, probably okay.