1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Course Prerequisites

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tecumseh, Jul 27, 2006.

1. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member
    2+ Year Member

I've noticed that many schools require Physics (with lab) 8 sem. hrs. I come from a school that separates lab and lecture courses and they have separate grades and you enroll for them independently. I've taken over 8 semester hours of physics total but only 1.3 (converted from quarter system) of which were from a lab. Does this meet that requirement? Almost all the schools don't differentiate between lecture and lab semester hours so I don't know if there is a minimum number of semester hours that is required for a lab.

Thanks for any help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Looque

Looque Bob Loblaw
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm not sure what the real answer to your question is, but for comparison's sake, the 8 credit hours of physics that I took was split 6 lecture, 2 lab, which I presume is the norm. I'd just call the schools you're interested in and explain the situation.

4. sentrosi

sentrosi INTARWEB USER
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I found that most schools are okay even if you don't have exactly matching prereqs. I mean, you can't have major discrepencies, but 7 credit hours vs 8 credit hours or other things like that, probably okay.