course requirement not met, already graduated, what can I do ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GlideOB

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was contacted by admission officer of Lecom Dental school. Apparently they require 2 English course that are also writing-intensive. I only took 2 English class in college, and only one that I know of is writing-intensive. I already Email the other class's professor to find out. I have already graduated from college this May and I do not plan on taking any more classes because of my family obligation. What else should I do ? If it turns out to be not writing intensive, would my application be discarded? on their admission requirement page, they only list "A minimum of six (6) semester hours of composition with emphasis on technical language skills". Is there any chance they would let this one slide? Please help. Many thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

They could let it slide, or you can tell them you will take an intensive writing course this upcoming year.

Schools usually don't give on course requirements, what they would do is expect you to take a course that satisfies the requirement anytime before matriculating. Even something like an online course may be acceptable for meeting this requirement, so don't fret too much.