1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Course requirements

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kouentou13, May 17, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. kouentou13

kouentou13 2+ Year Member

Aug 7, 2013
    MDApps:
    Forgive me if this question has been brought up elsewhere/earlier.

I'm applying to a couple schools this cycle that require biochem (Duke, OSU, U Miami). I didn't take biochem classes during my undergrad (I'm a nontrad) and was wondering if this is something I'd be screened out because of. Are schools in general open to students taking a required course such as biochem after they've been accepted and before matriculation?
    Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Euxox

Euxox 5+ Year Member

Dec 24, 2011
    It would be best to call the admissions offices of these schools and ask them.

4. lobo.solo

lobo.solo 5+ Year Member

May 4, 2011
    I got accepted to 2 two schools that required biochem without having taken it. You just have to do it before you officially matriculate.