course selection...easy or hard course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baller99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wasn't able to find much info about this online, but I was wondering. I have a biochemistry course and a physiology course offered at same time. i know i will get a B in the bioc course, and probably an A- in the phsysiology course. will med schools know which one is easier?? also, since I'm in the second semester of biochemistry, will it look bad if I only have one semester and not two?

Mainly, I would like to boost my science gpa since it has been on a slightly downward trend since freshman year.

In general too, how do med schools know if the courses you are taking are difficult? Do they look at level of the course or what?

Thanks for everyone's help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take the course where an A is likely. You can take Biochem II after you apply, but they won't care if you have only one semester (unless it's one of the ?two schools requiring it).

The course code tells them about the course difficulty. If you take a lot of 100-level courses, they'll assume you're padding your GPA..

If all you want to do is raise your gpa take the course you think you will do better in. But dont take it if you've just heard its easier. People have differnet abilities. I think the real choice is what class are you most interested in. Ive tried taking a course because I heard it was an "easy A" and ended up getting burned because I hated the class and didnt put the effort into it.