Course work on amcas transferred credits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazybutt26

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have a unique situation. Filling out work/activity section on AMCAS right now.
I started as a freshman in Spring in 2012 as the first semester, took 2012 Fall as the second semester as a freshman and started 2013 SP as a SO at a university. Transferred these credits to another university and started as a SO in fall 2013.

Interestingly, when I transferred these credits, my main university(which I just realized looking at the official transcript of the main uni), they combined SP 2012 and Fall 2012 together and put it under fall 2012 semester. They don't show any of my grades either.

Now, I asked AMCAS which official transcript to use when filling out the course/activity section, they said to use the main school's official transcript.

I also have the previous university(where I took 2012 SP/Fall classes at) transcript. They show exactly how I took the courses showing Spring 2012 from the beginning.

Do you have any suggestions or advices as to what to do about this? Should I just use the main university's transcript as shown?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

You have to include every course and grade you have taken in college or in which you received college credit. So do AMCAS like you explained here. Start by listing courses from Spring 2012 and then Fall 2012 etc.. The school that combined your semesters and didn't list grades probably just did that for record keeping. Be sure to send ALL transcripts to AMCAS. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
You have to include every course and grade you have taken in college or in which you received college credit. So do AMCAS like you explained here. Start by listing courses from Spring 2012 and then Fall 2012 etc.. The school that combined your semesters and didn't list grades probably just did that for record keeping. Be sure to send ALL transcripts to AMCAS. Good luck!

Thanks so much man!

Members don't see this ad :)

Oh, Just one more question for you if you don't mind.
You said start listing from Spring 2012 and then Fall 2012.
On AMCAS, it says under course year 2012-2013, it says "Spring(2nd semester) and Fall(first semester") Of course, because most kids start their first semester as a freshman in Fall.

But I guess I have no choice to click on Spring 2012 (second semester) and then Fall (1st semester).
I hope that AMCAS doesn't give me hard time over this.

And plus, if the school lists like "block 2-attempt 0.00 and earn 0.00" should I still list it on the application as it is shown on the official transcript?

Thank you!!

Does it list a course? is this a repeat of some kind or withdrawal?

No, so I started as a freshman in Spring of 2012 instead of in the Fall of 2012.
On the course work section, AMCAS lists every spring semester as the second semester of that academic year given that every kids start their first semester of the academic year in the Fall.

Because I started in the Spring, in every academic year, my first semester is actually Spring and the Fall semester is a second semester for me.

AMCAS doesn't list the options as to choose the spring semester as the first semester so I just listed

2012-2013 Academic year. Spring(second semester) and put the courses from thereafter

Freshman 2012-2013 Spring (second semester) courses
Freshman 2013-2013 Fall (first semester) courses

and so.