Courses at a Different School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zakzak

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last Spring, I had a surgery early January and wasn't ready to live at school so I missed a semester at my actual college. However, I took 3 courses that spring at a local college (Anthropology, Sociology, and Math Stats). Additionally, this upcoming summer, I plan to take 1 semester of physics at a local college. How will med school look at this? I got A's in the 3 courses i took, though my own college only views them as pass fail.

Will it look bad if I took 4 courses not at my home institution, even if the reason for 3 or these was that because I was recovering from surgery and couldn't live by myself when school started. Even for physics, I'm taking two lab courses in the spring and the semester of physics I am taking in the summer is only offered in the spring. Using the credits from other colleges, I would be able to graduate in the upcoming fall, which makes it impossible to take the physics course at my home institution.

Members don't see this ad.