Courses before the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ontherise

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am taking Physics 1 next semester, and not taking physics 2 until Fall 2019. Is it necessary to complete both physics before taking the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, even though I took pre reqs before studying for the MCAT, I still felt like there was a significant amount of re-learning I had to do for the MCAT. I wound't worry too much about pre reqs. You can learn the materia via Khan Academy or with a prep course as long as you put in some good effort!

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with the Detective above. MCAT seems like it has steered away from Physics 1 topics like kinematics etc (although they do occasionally show up) and transitioned more towards Physics 2 topics like fluids (think hemodynamic problems), circuits/ electricity (think pacemaker problems etc), light/waves/imaging (think MRIs/ CT scans). I have run into all of these examples before. A good foundation in Physics will serve you well with the Chemistry concepts in C/P too.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.