Courses taken in High School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wylde

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What courses taken in HS are calculated into your amcas GPA?

Do they have to be courses taken at an undergrad or are AP/IB courses included as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you take college classes in high school or use your AP credits in college, those are all counted.

If you take college classes in high school or use your AP credits in college, those are all counted.

I read over the amcas link (thanks for the link btw!) and it clarified it a bit, but seemed a bit ambiguous still :(.

Does anyone know for SURE: If I took AP courses in HS, but never (and don't plan on it) used the credits in college will they be ever boughten up on amcas?

On the link, it says college courses taken regardless of location will be incorporated into your amcas gpa, but it goes on to say that if the AP credits are not part of your college transcript they will not be incorporated. Very confusing.

I read over the amcas link (thanks for the link btw!) and it clarified it a bit, but seemed a bit ambiguous still :(.

Does anyone know for SURE: If I took AP courses in HS, but never (and don't plan on it) used the credits in college will they be ever boughten up on amcas?

On the link, it says college courses taken regardless of location will be incorporated into your amcas gpa, but it goes on to say that if the AP credits are not part of your college transcript they will not be incorporated. Very confusing.

I know for a fact that our adcom does not consider any high school grades, no matter how bad (I am an adcom member). Don't worry about it. No one will care.