Courses that count towards your science GPA for AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

healingwave

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Psychology, sociology, medical ethics, medical & scientific terminology, marine ecology, management of physical activity (under kinesiology), and human sexuality. Do these courses count towards your sGPA for AACOMAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I found out psychology, sociology, and human sexuality does not count toward your science GPA. Anyone know if medical ethics, medical & scientific terminology, and management of physical activity count toward my sGPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
@prewannabedrJack I have looked at that already. I know the management of physical activity is listed under kinesiology at my university so I guess that counts as a science course but I could not find any information about medical ethics and medical/scientific terminology.

My marine biology and bioethics class both fell under sgpa for me. Call AACOMAS. Both of these were handled by our biology department. The department the course falls under probably influences what its counted as significantly.

@prewannabedrJack I have looked at that already. I know the management of physical activity is listed under kinesiology at my university so I guess that counts as a science course but I could not find any information about medical ethics and medical/scientific terminology.

Medical Ethics is listed under Other Non-Science

Medical Terminology is listed under English

@ritts thanks for the info. I'm guessing my management of physical activity counts as a science course because it is listed under kinesiology at my unverisity and kinesiology is counted as an other science on AACOMAS. Can anyone confirm?

@ritts thanks for the info. I'm guessing my management of physical activity counts as a science course because it is listed under kinesiology at my unverisity and kinesiology is counted as an other science on AACOMAS. Can anyone confirm?

No problem... I would assume so

A lot of my kineisiology courses were included, mainly ones that had a very heavy science component like exercise physiology, regulation of human metabolism, anatomy, biomechanics, etc.

edit: I did not mark them as science courses. AACOMAS must've deemed them science worthy and included them. I was pleasantly surprised as I loved those courses and did very well in them.

@JB50 how do you mark them as science courses? I can't find out how to do that in the transcript entry section.

I had a few psychology courses counted under BIO during my AMCAS verification and was wondering if I could do the same for AACOMAS, for some reason there is a lock next to the coursework I already wrote so it wont let me change the psych to bio before I submit? anyone having similar issues?

I had a few psychology courses counted under BIO during my AMCAS verification and was wondering if I could do the same for AACOMAS, for some reason there is a lock next to the coursework I already wrote so it wont let me change the psych to bio before I submit? anyone having similar issues?
Psych is behavioral science. It doesn't count as science GPA.