courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baseball34

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Im a junior non-science major. At the end of this semester Ill have completed the pre-reqs plus biochem. Im thinking of not taking any sciences next semester. Also, Im studying for the mcat and thinking of taking the minimum of 12 credits even though I took the minimum this semster because I had to take a seminar in my major that is work intensive. Anybody gotten any grief for not taking one or more sciences in a semester? For taking a light load through junior year? I've had a lot of hours in the past, including the maximum sophomore spring.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
Anybody gotten any grief for not taking one or more sciences in a semester? For taking a light load through junior year? I've had a lot of hours in the past, including the maximum sophomore spring.

You're a non-science major, so you aren't expected to take science every semester.

A lighter load isn't a problem, but you have no excuse for not getting straight As. And less excuse if you don't do great on the MCAT.

Adcoms are more likely to look at the total picture, not analyze your course-load intensity semester by semester. You've already proven you could handle a maxed-out class load, if, hopefully, your GPA didn't suffer by doing so.