COVID-19 Impact Essay - Shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmallHill

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of writing about how difficult it was to find shadowing due to COVID for my secondary apps, but I'm worried that it won't be received well. I'm sure that many many other applicants had trouble finding shadowing as well, and it would therefore come across as stating the obvious and a waste of time. If I were to write the essay, I would be able to use it as a way to demonstrate resilience, as I was eventually able to find shadowing by just being persistent (asking every doctor I know and every doctor they know, cold calling, etc.).

I've seen some conflicting information on this, so I just wanted to gather some opinions. Any help is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would make a good essay. It could work to explain a lack of hours in addition to showing resilience on your part.
It's definitely about framing, but I don't think it would be a waste because it is YOUR story and worth mentioning.

Reactions: 1 user