COVID-19 Impact essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lji200001

Reaction score
Hi,
I am struggling formulating my COVID-19 Impact essay. Mostly, I am struggling with formatting and structure. Would anyone be willing to share their essay with me?

Members don't see this ad.

Since the topic and themes dealt in the essay can be highly personal and private, it may be hard to get an example from someone. The essay is optional (although I'd highly recommend filling it out) and it should hit the points they described. Like disruptions caused to your education, employment, emotional well-being, opportunities for extracurriculars/research lost or gained. I basically used my space as an extension of my personal statement (without the flowery prose and story telling) and described all the disruptions caused by COVID, how I dealt with them, and how I grew from and feel better prepared for dealing with the rigors of dental school.

Reactions: 1 user
You also might consider skipping this section. Unless there is a clear way (seen on your transcripts, delayed DAT, etc.) that you were academically affected. They will read 100’s of these COVID impact essays, many of which will probably be the same. There will be an assumption that COVID affected everyone, so don’t feel the need to fill out this section, unless there’s good reason to do so.

Reactions: 1 users
I think this topic will be very interesting, if you write it well.