COVID-19 Issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

workhardoverall

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Difficult times indeed

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yeah and it has me sad

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It does suck. Good thing that I requested all my vacation after Jan 2020.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. My only post-match plans were to visit both sets of grandparents and spend a week with each. I cannot in good conscience do that now, and I feel absolutely awful because I really did not take advantage of my breaks in medical school to do so sooner. I have lived in the same state as my parents my entire life and it feels really weird to not know when the next time I will see them will be. My dad has seemingly endless vacation time and my mom is retired and they were initially planning on helping me with the cross country move but who knows now. It's all breaking my heart honestly.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I did not think about this until now... :/ my grandma is 92 and is begging me to visit but COVID would most definitely lead to a bad outcome so I’ve stayed away...it is so sad

You really won’t even have time to think about this come July. You’ll be too focused on things like eating and sleeping.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
I had an aunt, who was to me essentially what most would consider like a grandmother, who passed away in November of intern year. It sucked. I took a personal day, flew out there the night before the funeral, flew back the night of. It sucked. That's life though. There are times where I worry about that happening with a parent, and where I wonder if I should have just ranked a less desirable program/specialty higher that was local, but that's life. Loss is simply a part of it.

I know the reasons why I chose this field/program, and I know this is what's best for me and my family in the future. I love my program, I'm glad I'm living somewhere I never imagined living before, and I'm thankful for the opportunities this has given me.

Reactions: 2 users