COVID-19 relief opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I thought it might be helpful to start a thread of volunteer opportunities for pre-med students wanting to contribute to our communities during the pandemic. Many folks have posted that their current shadowing/volunteering has been suspended. Let's try to help out in whatever other ways we can.

Please add to the thread with any needs for your region!

Wisconsin
  • If you want to help with food delivery, childcare, food pantry re-stocking, emotional support for isolated elderly individuals, and so much more, click here.
  • If you want to provide childcare for healthcare workers at UW Health, click here.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty much anywhere:

- Your local EMS organization.
- Your local food bank/soup kitchen.
- Your local Red Cross.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Colorado has this: Colorado Responds

I do have to agree with MedSchoolTutors though as I work both EMS and Red Cross and both are hurting right now.

Blood banks need donors. There is a serious blood supply emergency (there's generally always been), and it will be seriously needed over the next few months.

I also suggest Meals on Wheels or similar programs like this. Any help with non-profit clinics to help sanitize their facilities will also be very welcome.

Reactions: 1 users