COVID-19 Support and Tips Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhmmd

chronic sonic
Removed
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I noticed a lot of threads along the lines of "I need volunteer experience and everything is shut down, what do I do/how I can I get my clinical hours in during the epidemic/how can I work remotely/etc." Thought we could use a meta thread to support each other and add to everyone's experiences. :)

I'll go first. As far as clinical volunteering goes, I've been hearing about
1. Crisis hotlines
2. Telemedicine

Anyone else have any ideas? If you just want to complain, that's okay too :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied for a job in contact tracing. Not sure what that's gonna do for me, but it's a job in public health so that's good I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
@stayathomemom Congrats! Best of luck to you and everyone else. Is your job in the clinical sector?

Members don't see this ad :)
@stayathomemom Congrats! Best of luck to you and everyone else. Is your job in the clinical sector?
The contact tracing job? I don't know if it would pass the muster (hard to smell patients over the phone) but it is working with the public and contributing to the fight against the pandemic so that's good I guess. I've been on these boards for a few years (not so much in the last 6 months though) and I haven't heard anyone's opinion on it either way.
(If you're asking about my current job, I don't have one.)

stayathomemom said:
The contact tracing job? I don't know if it would pass the muster (hard to smell patients over the phone) but it is working with the public and contributing to the fight against the pandemic so that's good I guess. I've been on these boards for a few years (not so much in the last 6 months though) and I haven't heard anyone's opinion on it either way.
(If you're asking about my current job, I don't have one.)
Well, it sounds like you would be interacting with patients at least. Hope you get it!

Reactions: 1 user