COVID-19's impact on APPIC internships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TCP

Reaction score
Current interns, how was/is the experience for you during corona?

Incoming interns, what are your concerns going into your internship?

I will be starting in August and dreading the uncertainty of it as well as the disappointment that I will not be getting the same quality training experience and relationship connection as I would have in a normal circumstance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Current interns, how was/is the experience for you during corona?

Incoming interns, what are your concerns going into your internship?

I will be starting in August and dreading the uncertainty of it as well as the disappointment that I will not be getting the same quality training experience and relationship connection as I would have in a normal circumstance.

I’m starting my internship in just a week from now on July 1st and I have the same concerns. I know a lot of the training (e.g., lectures, seminars, and outpatient appointments) will be virtual, which is so disappointing and I can’t help but to think, like you, that I’ll be missing out on quality training and relationship building. I’m also sad that I won’t be able to connect and bond with my internship cohort like I’ve seen other cohorts connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s going to be different then it has been, that’s for sure. Whether it will be a disappointment will be individualized, but I’m hopeful you will have a good experience. I’m sure there are outliers, but everyone I know who is involved in training is working hard to adapt the year as best as possible.

Our graduating interns had a good experience, even though it has definitely been a drastic change. We adapted to telehealth/neuropsych pretty early on (being an East-coast state) but continued having clinical experiences.

The good news is that, by now, many sites have probably worked out the kinks in this process. The first month or so was a disaster, but now we’ve streamlined the process as best as we can.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users