dentalinthemental

2+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
With the recent FDA emergency approval of the COVID vaccine, I’ve seen some of my PA and medical school student colleagues and friends discuss how their schools are providing vaccinations for them as soon as possible in the next few coming months due to risk during rotations and patient interactions. With the close patient contact dental students have, especially D3 and D4 students, have any of your schools discussed whether you would be in an earlier tier for the COVID vaccines compared to the general public? D3 and D4 students have had so much of their experience cut this year so I’m wondering if next year is still salvageable for them at all.

Ivy.ch

2+ Year Member
May 6, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
With the recent FDA emergency approval of the COVID vaccine, I’ve seen some of my PA and medical school student colleagues and friends discuss how their schools are providing vaccinations for them as soon as possible in the next few coming months due to risk during rotations and patient interactions. With the close patient contact dental students have, especially D3 and D4 students, have any of your schools discussed whether you would be in an earlier tier for the COVID vaccines compared to the general public? D3 and D4 students have had so much of their experience cut this year so I’m wondering if next year is still salvageable for them at all.
DELETED, see comment below.

Last edited:

dentalinthemental

2+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Thinking we'll get it in January or February.

Is this something they’ve hinted at, or just a guess? I ask because the CDC hasn’t allowed practicing dentists into the first phase of healthcare workers allowed to get the vaccine, so I’m not sure if dental students would fit into that category either.

About the Ads

Ivy.ch

2+ Year Member
May 6, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Our class got the first dose this past week and this week. Second dose will be in 3 weeks when we return from break. Faculty are also getting vaccinated with us.

Last edited:

dentalinthemental

2+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Out of curiousity, are you guys at public or private dental schools? My school (state school) hasn’t said anything to us at all

Jun 11, 2019
I've heard nothing about this from my public dental school. On the other hand, my friends who are pharm students at the same institution have gotten their COVID vaccines.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.