Cow with stick blowing history - clinicalexamination manifests crepitation and bend in spine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doctor.cvas

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A case of a cow which was stick blown by the owner lead to different complicarions including stoppage of urine and scanty feces and most importantly it lead to refuse to sit. The cow always remained standimg and its vertebral column is showing clear bend towards right side. Temperature was 104F and a clear crepitation sound on palpating the area closely on both side of spine at the area of thoracic vertebrae. However the cow urinated at clinic later on but its lymph nodes were also larger than normal. What could be the tentative diagnosis? Is it emphysema due to stick injury? Leading to anaerobic condition facilitating the mirobes to grow there and gas formation? Or something else?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not going to hazard a guess at tentative diagnosis, but I'll give you a definitive diagnosis: "Poor Husbandry."

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not going to hazard a guess at tentative diagnosis, but I'll give you a definitive diagnosis: "Poor Husbandry."
I can hazard a guess as well because blowing air into someone’s rectum or vagina, whether using a stick or a stent or not, can be fatal.

At any rate SDN is not for medical or veterinary advice. According to our veterinary moderators, case discussions are not generally allowed either.

Status
Not open for further replies.