Program-Specific Info / Q's Cox College OT program 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

417OT

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am starting this thread for those who are applying to the OT program at Cox College for 2018 admission cycle. I applied last year and was put on the waitlist, so I'm giving it another go this year! Their deadline isn't until early March, but I thought I would go ahead and begin this conversation so we can share our thoughts! Since I did apply last year, I can answer questions anyone has about the process :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I am starting this thread for those who are applying to the OT program at Cox College for 2018 admission cycle. I applied last year and was put on the waitlist, so I'm giving it another go this year! Their deadline isn't until early March, but I thought I would go ahead and begin this conversation so we can share our thoughts! Since I did apply last year, I can answer questions anyone has about the process :)
Hi! I also applied to Cox College for 2018. I am really looking forward to the process but I’m curious about interview questions.

Hi! I also applied to Cox College for 2018. I am really looking forward to the process but I’m curious about interview questions.
I can't remember all of the questions, but I do remember that they wanted to know what drew me to the field of OT, and why I wanted to go to Cox specifically.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys apply anywhere else?

Hi! I also applied to Cox for 2018. Does anybody know when they will start setting up interviews? And how they will contact us?

I also applied to Cox College for 2018 admission!! I have a friend in the program. I believe the website said they interview 50-75 and take around 25-26. She also said they interview via Skype and let applicants know early March about interviews!! She was notified she was accepted within a few weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
I also applied to Cox College for 2018 admission!! I have a friend in the program. I believe the website said they interview 50-75 and take around 25-26. She also said they interview via Skype and let applicants know early March about interviews!! She was notified she was accepted within a few weeks.
Thanks! I have heard great things about this program. I was able to find on Cox’s website that top applicants will be invited for interview by OTCAS email in early March. Best of luck to you!

Did you all received the pre-interview email from Cox?

Has anyone gone ahead and sent their email? And will you put on here if you hear back, so I know when to expect a response? If not, I will check my email every two seconds. Haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gone ahead and sent their email? And will you put on here if you hear back, so I know when to expect a response? If not, I will check my email every two seconds. Haha
Yes! I sent mine yesterday and I will keep you all updated. Fingers crossed

Yes! I sent mine yesterday and I will keep you all updated. Fingers crossed

Thank you! I sent mine around lunch today. How long was yours? Hopefully we will all get interviews!!

I did too!!

Hi guys, just got an invitation email for interview as well!
Good luck everyone! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, good luck to everyone!! Are y'all doing skype or facetime?

I also got the email! I'm doing Skype. My FaceTime isn't very reliable lol

Goodluck everyone!! I am doing Skype. So anxious about the type of questions they’re going to ask!

Mine was 5 paragraphs.

I think I wrote 3-4 as well!
I'm going to do Skype also. I uploaded it last night and picked late Thursday afternoon. I asked my friend about some of the questions and she told me things like:
What does OT mean to you?
Why did you choose Cox?
What's been the most challenging thing in your life?

--These are the only ones she could remember! Hope this helps.

Also, I thought the program only took 25-26 because I'm pretty sure that's what the website said but I think this past class had 47!! Maybe this will provide some relief

Edit*-I may have read this wrong. Maybe they meant in total (first and second year students)

Last edited:
Sent the response today and got an interview date for thursday

Hello! I was wondering if you all got a confirmation email after signing up for your interview?

Last edited:
Serious question: where are y'all doing your interview at? No way I can do mine at home. It would be way too loud.

It did say we would get a confirmation on Monday on doodle , but thats way too late if your interview is this week ,and you can always reserve a room at the library

It did say we would get a confirmation on Monday on doodle , but thats way too late if your interview is this week ,and you can always reserve a room at the library

I will check into that! Thank you.

My friend said they are interviewing 75 and narrowing it down it 26. :/

I just checked my spam and the confirmation email went there , so check yours !!

Hey! Just finished my interview and wanted to share some of my questions:
Why do you want to be an OT
Why cox college
What is a positive learning experience you've had
What is a negative learning experience you've had
What are your strengths coming into grad school
What are your challenges coming into grad school
What do you want us to remember about you

Reactions: 1 users
I received my acceptance email with a letter to follow, my interview was yesterday

Congrats, I also received an acceptance email!

I am following your thread, I am applying to cox for the fall of 2019. So any advice would be helpful about the application process, like your stats

Hey! Just finished my interview and wanted to share some of my questions:
Why do you want to be an OT
Why cox college
What is a positive learning experience you've had
What is a negative learning experience you've had
What are your strengths coming into grad school
What are your challenges coming into grad school
What do you want us to remember about you

I am having my interview for tomorrow at 9:30 so that's very helpful! Congrats y'all who got accepted! #Fingerscrossed

I already interviewed, but I haven't heard anything back!! I'm trying to be patient. :/ good luck!

Hey guys! My interview is later today! I found your thread and it has been helpful, so thank you! Good Luck to those who still have to interview and congrats to those who have heard back!

Have you guys applied anywhere else?

Congrats to everyone who has gotten an interview or has recieved an acceptance email! I just received an acceptance email today! If anyone is wanting or looking for a roomates please message me!

Congrats to everyone who has gotten an interview or has recieved an acceptance email! I just received an acceptance email today! If anyone is wanting or looking for a roomates please message me!
Congratulations!! When did you interview?

Last edited:
I wonder if they have sent out all acceptance letters. I interviewed Tuesday and they told me to expect an email today or the beginning of next week.