CPJE April 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rxi2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ,
Starting a new thread for April 2018 test takers.
Please share your experience here.
How difficult was the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
took it and not sure if I passed. Definitely difficult but probably on par with all the other tests. Anyone else know how soon until we get results back?? Thanks in advance!

took it and not sure if I passed. Definitely difficult but probably on par with all the other tests. Anyone else know how soon until we get results back?? Thanks in advance!
Hey, did you get any calculation problems?

Reactions: 1 users
For renal/dose adjustments do you know if they mostly asked for PO formulations or IV's? From my understanding CPJE is mostly community pharmacy based
They ask about IV capabilities alot, like what do you mix Caspofungin with inorder to make the IV?
If they ask about renal dose adjustment it can be both IV or PO .

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It will take up to 30 to 45 days. How was your exam?
Not quite, people have been waiting for their results since Mach 30th. That's when the 45 days start. Anyone who took it after that gets to wait less. Results of each cycle are batched and sent out all at once.

Not quite, people have been waiting for their results since Mach 30th. That's when the 45 days start. Anyone who took it after that gets to wait less. Results of each cycle are batched and sent out all at once.

Thanks for the clarification. I was repeating what others told me. Have you taken or gotten your results yet?

Will I get my results sooner? When did you take your exam?

Will I get my results sooner? When did you take your exam?
He means you will wait a shorter amount of time to get your results. Your results will still come out on the same day as the rest of your batch.

For example I took my exam nov 22. But my results came Jan 18. EVERYONE who took their exam between Nov 21 and Jan 5th-ish(i think) got their results on the same day.

Well what do you think of the test in April? Some questions seemed like two answers were right? Is it true with the grading system you can only miss like 18 To get 75% and pass? If you convert 75 questions to 99 questions then 75% of that.

Is it true with the grading system you can only miss like 18 To get 75% and pass? If you convert 75 questions to 99 questions then 75% of that.
giphy.gif

The CPJE grading system is way more in depth than that. They have their own scaled/weighted system that's under lock & key. Yeah, no way it's a straight conversion. The test is divided into 3 sections: Patient Medications, Patient Outcomes, and Pharmacy Operations. Let's assume (probably is) Pharmacy Operations is the law portion of the exam and a straight scale for now, and you miss 15 questions out of the 22 questions in this section. But you only miss 1 question each out of the other 2 sections. Well you passed on the straight scale right? Yes, but you failed 1 of the sections thus not passing the exam. Again, the scenario is simplified w/o the scale and weight used to calculate your final score. Also, if you're going to ask, yes, you have to pass each section before you can pass the exam. I've heard people come out with a straight average on each section and still not pass...I think their scores were close to a 75. Tough luck right? May the odds be ever in your favor!

Reactions: 3 users
So the next pre-date batch will most likely be June 8th then? 5 weeks from now?

Members don't see this ad :)
What does that mean if I took it April 28
It means you’re included. A predate of 5/4 means the door closes today for the March-early May batch. We should be receiving our results in a week or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
What I don't get...the last time I took this exam in December, I had a predate of 1/29, eff you letter printed on 1/12, and in my mailbox on 1/18. Does the predate mean multiple things at the CABOP?

What I don't get...the last time I took this exam in December, I had a predate of 1/29, eff you letter printed on 1/12, and in my mailbox on 1/18. Does the predate mean multiple things at the CABOP?
Hahaha, apparently it does ☺️

And can anyone explain what is the predate, I do understand that the board releases the results for every batch all together that is like every 30-45 days. What was the last predate and what is the next one?

And that is based on what?
Previous trends. You took your exam at the beginning of this "batch." The trend has been to batch the results in 5 week increments or so. The batch I'm in just closed almost 2 weeks ago and we should get our results any day now. They say expect your results in 45-60 days so you will probably be waiting close to 45 days vs someone who takes their exam in 4 weeks: they will get their results sooner.

USPS be playing with my emotions lol. Anyone see anything?

Attachments

• 90700F05-1D3A-4C68-AA90-16DCBA69A0F4.jpeg
    90700F05-1D3A-4C68-AA90-16DCBA69A0F4.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 116
Few More Questions about CPJE:
1) Did they ask about HEPATIC dose adjustments based on Childs Pugh Score?
2) Did they ask to dose adjust based on DDI: especially 3YA4 and 2D6
3) Consider this clozapine question (given on PSI sample test):
A 37 year old patient with schizophrenia hs been treated with clozapien for the past 4 months. The dose is 500mg daily. The patient has the following past CBC results:
WBC Neutrophiles
June 30 10.1 7.3
June 22 10.7 7.4
June 16 6.5 3.5
June 9 6.3 3.4
June 2 6.7 3.8
On July 7, the patients WBC is 7.2 and Neutrophils are 4.3. The MOST APPROPRIATE decision regarding his weekly clozapine prescription for 500mg daily is to:
A. Fill as written
B. discontinue therapy
C. Hold therapy for 1 week and resume 400mg daily
D. Repeat CBC and fill if WBC is greater than 8.
The correct answer is A, but my question is the units presented in this question. Its just numbers. According to Pharmacy Charts, Clozapine monitoring values are:
ANC > 1500/mm3 Gen pop normal range
1000mm3 > ANC > 1499/mm3 Mild Neutropenia
500mm3 > ANC > 999/mm3 Moderate Neutropenia
ANC<500mm3 Severe neutropenia
How would 4.3 be represented in mm3? Will you also be presented a question to calculate ANC? The equation is ANC = WBC x (segs+bands) How would you identify segments and bands?
4) To calculate some dilution method? Can someone give an example of that?
5) To calculate CORRECTED phenytoin level based on serum albumin level. Can someone give an example of that?
6) Adjusted Body Weight vs Actual Body Weight vs Ideal Body weight. Can someone give an example on when to use what when determining CrCl?
7) Did they ask to disgtinguish name brands with different formulations and dosage indication? Example: Glargine (Lantus) vs Glargine (Basaglar) and Finesteride (proscar) vs Finesterine (propecia) and Fentanyl : Fentora, Onsolis, Abstral, Lazanda, Subsys
8) From knowing the different pregnancy categories, do they ask which pregrancy category are certain drugs? Example: Methotrexate is pregnancy category x [d if used in cancer tx]

I am taking it this saturday 5-15, and my last chance to take it, help much appreciated !

I had the same exact question about your clozapine question above when I was doing the practice question! So you are correct that the ANC level must be >1,500/mm3 to continue clozapine therapy, however, it has nothing to do with calculating and figure out the ANC in this problem. WBC and neutrophils counts are given in this problem, although I'm not sure how we can interpret the neutrophils count provided as it doesn't mention whether that neutrophils count is segs or bands. However, ANC(absolute neutrophil count) takes into consideration all 3 factors of WBC, %segs(matured neutrophils), and % bands(almost matured neutrophils). The patient has a WNL WBC level of 7.2(normal WBC range is 4.5-11) on July 7 so you can assume that he is okay to continue therapy. Another hint is that the patient was on the same therapy of 500mg clozapine in the last 4 months and his WBC in June were even lower at ~6. I hope the explanation helps and best of luck on your upcoming exam!

Last edited:
Few More Questions about CPJE:
1) Did they ask about HEPATIC dose adjustments based on Childs Pugh Score?
2) Did they ask to dose adjust based on DDI: especially 3YA4 and 2D6
3) Consider this clozapine question (given on PSI sample test):
A 37 year old patient with schizophrenia hs been treated with clozapien for the past 4 months. The dose is 500mg daily. The patient has the following past CBC results:
WBC Neutrophiles
June 30 10.1 7.3
June 22 10.7 7.4
June 16 6.5 3.5
June 9 6.3 3.4
June 2 6.7 3.8
On July 7, the patients WBC is 7.2 and Neutrophils are 4.3. The MOST APPROPRIATE decision regarding his weekly clozapine prescription for 500mg daily is to:
A. Fill as written
B. discontinue therapy
C. Hold therapy for 1 week and resume 400mg daily
D. Repeat CBC and fill if WBC is greater than 8.
The correct answer is A, but my question is the units presented in this question. Its just numbers. According to Pharmacy Charts, Clozapine monitoring values are:
ANC > 1500/mm3 Gen pop normal range
1000mm3 > ANC > 1499/mm3 Mild Neutropenia
500mm3 > ANC > 999/mm3 Moderate Neutropenia
ANC<500mm3 Severe neutropenia
How would 4.3 be represented in mm3? Will you also be presented a question to calculate ANC? The equation is ANC = WBC x (segs+bands) How would you identify segments and bands?
4) To calculate some dilution method? Can someone give an example of that?
5) To calculate CORRECTED phenytoin level based on serum albumin level. Can someone give an example of that?
6) Adjusted Body Weight vs Actual Body Weight vs Ideal Body weight. Can someone give an example on when to use what when determining CrCl?
7) Did they ask to disgtinguish name brands with different formulations and dosage indication? Example: Glargine (Lantus) vs Glargine (Basaglar) and Finesteride (proscar) vs Finesterine (propecia) and Fentanyl : Fentora, Onsolis, Abstral, Lazanda, Subsys
8) From knowing the different pregnancy categories, do they ask which pregrancy category are certain drugs? Example: Methotrexate is pregnancy category x [d if used in cancer tx]

I am taking it this saturday 5-15, and my last chance to take it, help much appreciated !
I would know everything on your list.

In regards to your case, you must know how to calculate ANC. Here’s the equation...ANC = WBC (in the 1000s) * (Neutrophils + Bands)/100. By knowing the ANC, you will know when to initiate, continue, or interrupt treatment. When initiating clozapine, ANC of >1500 is a must and the ANC must be maintained >1500. If ANC ever drops <1000, then you must stop clozapine until levels are >1500.

Gluck! And I pray that you pass.

I also called the CA BOP today. Front desk has not been notified about the licensure department sending out results. Maybe we should all call to help them get the message. I’m really upset that tomorrow is day 50 for me.

I'm not one to make risky bets, but if I were a betting man, I'd wager that...they give zero facks about their 45-day rule

Reactions: 2 users