CPJE December 2016 Test takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soomk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone take the CPJE recently? Just wanted to see how long it would take to get exam results... Anyone heard anything about potential, upcoming QA? I took mine on 12/9, by the way.

Members don't see this ad.

isn't the max waiting period they can make us wait is 45 days if there's no QA ?
I remember someone saying we can call for our scores if it's been 45 days since we took the test

isn't the max waiting period they can make us wait is 45 days if there's no QA ?
I remember someone saying we can call for our scores if it's been 45 days since we took the test
I think that people waiting for more than 45 days can call and ask more more specific info, "only" 38 days for me. Give us update if you all call again!

I think that people waiting for more than 45 days can call and ask more more specific info, "only" 38 days for me. Give us update if you all call again!
I took exam 12/5 (47 days ago).... I called BOP today and they stated that likely mailed next week sometime, and if I haven't heard by end of next week to email and then they would likely get back to me within 10 days. I seriously am so angry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took exam 12/5 (47 days ago).... I called BOP today and they stated that likely mailed next week sometime, and if I haven't heard by end of next week to email and then they would likely get back to me within 10 days. I seriously am so angry.

I just called the board AGAIN. The lady said the normal processing time is 60 days. And if we haven't recieved our score in that time then contact the board. I am soooooooo annoyed. I asked her why all of us were getting different responses and she said "we apologize but this is the standard processing time". I asked her again has the board at least recieved the scores she said no. She said the exam is through psi and then goes to another company for grading and then comes to the board. So it looks like the waiting game continues.

Damn I feel you, I don't understand why SBOP can't give you a straight answer, you waited long enough. Even though I took mine on 12/28 and have not waited nearly as long as some of you folks but I'm starting to feel anxious with the way they handle this.

I just called the board AGAIN. The lady said the normal processing time is 60 days. And if we haven't recieved our score in that time then contact the board. I am soooooooo annoyed. I asked her why all of us were getting different responses and she said "we apologize but this is the standard processing time". I asked her again has the board at least recieved the scores she said no. She said the exam is through psi and then goes to another company for grading and then comes to the board. So it looks like the waiting game continues.
It feels like we are living in the stone age when dealing with the state board.

Here is my contribution to the discussion . It answers some of your questions: http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/applicants/release_of_scores.pdf
Last year this time they responded within 3 weeks for most candidates. I has been 9 weeks for me. Each week delay is $2,500 in lost income. We should organize and sue for lost wages.
Multiply that by the number of candidates affected, we are looking at several hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Reactions: 1 user
Here is my contribution to the discussion . It answers some of your questions: http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/applicants/release_of_scores.pdf
Last year this time they responded within 3 weeks for most candidates. I has been 9 weeks for me. Each week delay is $2,500 in lost income. We should organize and sue for lost wages.
Multiply that by the number of candidates affected, we are looking at several hundreds of thousands of dollars.

have you sent them an email? if so what did they say?? 9 weeks is absolutely absurd!!!!!!!!!!

Did you take your test in November?? What day?
Hopefully this is gonna be the week!

I just called the BOP and the lady on the phone said that December results are being mailed out this week, mostly today and tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!

I just called the Board this morning and the lady told me they had started to mail out scores since last Friday 1/20. We should all be getting our scores very very soon

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everybody passing! I just got my letter and didn't pass. Anybody selling their material I'm looking for Weissman and any other useful resource you guys might have. Will try again in march. I'm based in the Bay Area if anybody else taking second attempt we can organize a study group.

Congrats to everybody passing! I just got my letter and didn't pass. Anybody selling their material I'm looking for Weissman and any other useful resource you guys might have. Will try again in march. I'm based in the Bay Area if anybody else taking second attempt we can organize a study group.

I'm so sorry you didn't pass. I'm selling all of my stuff. I have

1.) Weismann book with the update supplement
2.) rxprep Cpje book
3.) pharmacy charts
4.) Rxprep clinical course book
5.) hard copy of the California pharmacy lawbook

Let me know if you are interested.

I live in Palo Alto.

I'm so sorry you didn't pass. I'm selling all of my stuff. I have

1.) Weismann book with the update supplement
2.) rxprep Cpje book
3.) pharmacy charts
4.) Rxprep clinical course book
5.) hard copy of the California pharmacy lawbook

Let me know if you are interested.

I live in Palo Alto.
Thank you! yes I'm interested can you write me at [email protected] ?

Congrats to all everyone who passed! Unfortunately I did not pass, I was close. I had somehow skipped 2 questions in the middle of my exam (my mouse somehow double-clicked) and after that I couldn't really focus for the rest of the exam. I felt like I rushed through the second half. If you have the Weismann book and Pharmacy Charts I'd be interested since I studied mainly using my RxPrep book (please PM me). Thank you.

I PASSED!! I can't believe it. This was my second attempt. Congrats to everybody who passed! For those who didn't, feel free to reach out to me. I went from barely failing to barely passing. lol. If I did it, you can too! lol.

For those who passed, are your names posted on the website yet? Like to verify or check a license?
No we still have to send the BOP a check and form. After they take more money from us, they'll post our license. So we have to keep refreshing the website later once we submit that.

I didn't pass. Those that passed, any recommendation on pharmacy charts and other materials you had studied that will help?

I PASSED!! I can't believe it. This was my second attempt. Congrats to everybody who passed! For those who didn't, feel free to reach out to me. I went from barely failing to barely passing. lol. If I did it, you can too! lol.
Congratulations on passing! Since this was your second attempt can you share what you used first and second time pls? Also I would like to tell you my scores on different sections so maybe you can help me figuring out how to do better second time? My email [email protected] !!
Thanks a lot for your time!

No we still have to send the BOP a check and form. After they take more money from us, they'll post our license. So we have to keep refreshing the website later once we submit that.

So I just received my results and someone else's results with mine and I unfortunately failed but I don't understand how I can fail yet all my competency areas say average or above in all 3 areas....should I call and ask for a regrade?

So I just received my results and someone else's results with mine and I unfortunately failed but I don't understand how I can fail yet all my competency areas say average or above in all 3 areas....should I call and ask for a regrade?
I just googled CPJE regrade. It seems like none of the regrades in the past have changed the results and it costs $115. I know in the letter it says the score in the competency doesn't correlate with actual score, it just gives you an idea what you need to work on for the retake.

I just googled CPJE regrade. It seems like none of the regrades in the past have changed the results and it costs $115. I know in the letter it says the score in the competency doesn't correlate with actual score, it just gives you an idea what you need to work on for the retake.

This board is such bull crap I have high in everything but part 3 where I got average how does that not correlate to a passing score?

Also they also sent someone else's result in my letter don't they think there might be a mixup here? Me and my gf took the same exam and we had basically the same answers and same test yet she passed and I failed and it wasn't even close that doesn't make sense...

Congrats on passing!!! I will be taking CPJE in February, could you give some study tips as to which area I should focus on? This is my second attempt, and I'm really worried...

Hey I'm so sorry you didn't pass. :(
This was my actually my second attempt as well and I passed. My first attempt I used the rxprep cpje, rxprep book, and weissman. I also used quizlet to review as well. My second attempt I used the rxprep cpje, weissman, and pharmacy charts. I also used quizlet to review and refer back to the rxprep for clinicals if needed. Like you I was really worried when I was studying for my second attempt and didn't know what to expect. When I got to the exam, I was like horrified. The exam was totally different from the first attempt and it has more law questions for me. My recommendation is don't be scared, focus on studying and make sure to understand the materials and don't rush through anything. Have a balance between clinicals and laws just in case random things pop up. If you have already read the weissman go back and review the back questions. Also don't freak out! I know it's easy to say than done but if I can do it, you can too! Hope this helps! Let me know you have any question ;)

Hey I'm sorry you didn't pass. Don't lose hope! This was my second attempt. If I can do it, you can. Be positive!

Reactions: 1 users
This board is such bull crap I have high in everything but part 3 where I got average how does that not correlate to a passing score?

That does seem odd - maybe just call the board and verify with them? You mentioned you got somebody else's score too - maybe there was some sort of mixup (especially if the score they gave you seems particularly low).

That does seem odd - maybe just call the board and verify with them? You mentioned you got somebody else's score too - maybe there was some sort of mixup (especially if the score they gave you seems particularly low).

Yeah I'm calling first thing in the morning this just seems like they took this long to get me my scores I took the exam December 3 and I get this low of a score especially since my gf got a score 20 points higher then me and we compared answers after the exam and I just don't understand. Seems like they rushed to get these scores out last minute but I know there's no winning with this board but wish me luck

Got my green letter as well and took in late December. It was also a retake for me, so don't lose hope. It's been a long and emotional journey.

Selling RxPrep book (2015) and Pharmacy charts (2014). I used both for the exam along with Weismann (but not selling it in case I need it for law reference), which I highly recommend.

Yeah I'm calling first thing in the morning this just seems like they took this long to get me my scores I took the exam December 3 and I get this low of a score especially since my gf got a score 20 points higher then me and we compared answers after the exam and I just don't understand. Seems like they rushed to get these scores out last minute but I know there's no winning with this board but wish me luck
meant to add this in my post above.

To those that passed, did you guys focus on dosage? was that a big component of the exam?

thanks a lot

To those that passed, did you guys focus on dosage? was that a big component of the exam?

thanks a lot
I didn't pass but still I can say it wasn't a "big" component on my exam but you do need to know basic dosage equivalents (like within in class of drugs) and dose conversion of important common drugs.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey I'm so sorry you didn't pass. :(
This was my actually my second attempt as well and I passed. My first attempt I used the rxprep cpje, rxprep book, and weissman. I also used quizlet to review as well. My second attempt I used the rxprep cpje, weissman, and pharmacy charts. I also used quizlet to review and refer back to the rxprep for clinicals if needed. Like you I was really worried when I was studying for my second attempt and didn't know what to expect. When I got to the exam, I was like horrified. The exam was totally different from the first attempt and it has more law questions for me. My recommendation is don't be scared, focus on studying and make sure to understand the materials and don't rush through anything. Have a balance between clinicals and laws just in case random things pop up. If you have already read the weissman go back and review the back questions. Also don't freak out! I know it's easy to say than done but if I can do it, you can too! Hope this helps! Let me know you have any question ;)

Hey I'm sorry you didn't pass. Don't lose hope! This was my second attempt. If I can do it, you can. Be positive!

Thanks for the encouragement, and congrats on passing!!!

Congrats! Do you have any tips for studying ?
I used the RXprep NAPLEX test bank as well as the CPJE RXPREP book and Weissman (including back of book quiz) It was also my second time taking the CPJE, so I focused on the key areas for compounding, HIV, and some dosing
Congrats! Do you have any tips for studying ?

Also they also sent someone else's result in my letter don't they think there might be a mixup here? Me and my gf took the same exam and we had basically the same answers and same test yet she passed and I failed and it wasn't even close that doesn't make sense...

Will you please update us on how that goes? I'm curious to see how that happened. ... The grading process is ridiculous.

Hi all, I am selling a bunch of homemade flash cards that I made from the Rxprep online exams.
Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks and good luck!

Last edited:
Will you please update us on how that goes? I'm curious to see how that happened. ... The grading process is ridiculous.

Yes, please update us on what the board says. I also did not pass even though I had an "average score" in each of the three areas. Thanks

I have the following left for sale:

1.)Pharmacy Charts
2.) RxPrep clinical course book

PM me if you are interested.