CPJE experience 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgrad24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the CPJE today. Wow this test is completely different from the NAPLEX. The questions on my exam were pretty straight forward however I don't like the "Most appropriate" or "most correct" questions because sometimes 2 answers were definitely right but idk which was what they were looking for. I finished the exam in 50 minutes, I was shocked at how fast I completed it. 90 questions, I had 3 math questions but it was simple stuff like calculate dose and flow rate. Only thing I did not like about this exam compared to the NAPLEX is on the NAPLEX if you didn't answer a question it did not let you advance. I accidentally somehow bumped the keyboard while grabbing my scrap sheet of paper and it went onto the next question before I could answer and DID NOT LET me go back! So mad at myself.

I had 1 IV compatibility question and about 7-10 law (Idk if "would you fill this prescription is law or therapeutics). I had about 4-5 Patient safety goal questions. The rest were therapeutics.

For Prep I used Pharmacy charts, Weisman, a Lil bit of APHA and took 2 pretests. I took the NAPLEX 9 days prior with 3 days break and back to studying 6 days straight.

Therapeutics: Majority of my questions were like the sample test. "If a Patient is prescribed drug A what response would the patient give after counseling to show they understood?" Couple Brand and generics but they weren't top 300. Couple side effects and what is the indication of these drugs. All in all I am kind of uncertain of my take on this exam. I hope I did well. I missed some easy questions like really straight forward ones. I also didn't study Patient safety goals nor did I focus on IV compatibility. Looking back I wish I had. I didn't have enough time. I didn't know how majority of the drugs were dosed, auxiliary labels, and frequency and tried to learn the top 300 in those 6 days instead of that stuff.

Preparation: Go over pharmacy charts (really useful so glad I bought it b4 I started studying for CJPE) and know EVERYTHING in the top 300 its only 5 columns of info. I added more to it like SE but didn't have any besides aux labels really. Few how supplied questions and several dosing frequency questions. Go over HIV I had 2 questions on it and it wasn't the more common stuff IMO. IV compatibility I'd know like the big drugs and use pharmacy chart condensed charts.
I also am not from CA but live and work here now
Waiting on my results Let's go 75! Lol but serious I just want to pass and get my green letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just took the CPJE today. Wow this test is completely different from the NAPLEX. The questions on my exam were pretty straight forward however I don't like the "Most appropriate" or "most correct" questions because sometimes 2 answers were definitely right but idk which was what they were looking for. I finished the exam in 50 minutes, I was shocked at how fast I completed it. 90 questions, I had 3 math questions but it was simple stuff like calculate dose and flow rate. Only thing I did not like about this exam compared to the NAPLEX is on the NAPLEX if you didn't answer a question it did not let you advance. I accidentally somehow bumped the keyboard while grabbing my scrap sheet of paper and it went onto the next question before I could answer and DID NOT LET me go back! So mad at myself.

I had 1 IV compatibility question and about 7-10 law (Idk if "would you fill this prescription is law or therapeutics). I had about 4-5 Patient safety goal questions. The rest were therapeutics.

For Prep I used Pharmacy charts, Weisman, a Lil bit of APHA and took 2 pretests. I took the NAPLEX 9 days prior with 3 days break and back to studying 6 days straight.

Therapeutics: Majority of my questions were like the sample test. "If a Patient is prescribed drug A what response would the patient give after counseling to show they understood?" Couple Brand and generics but they weren't top 300. Couple side effects and what is the indication of these drugs. All in all I am kind of uncertain of my take on this exam. I hope I did well. I missed some easy questions like really straight forward ones. I also didn't study Patient safety goals nor did I focus on IV compatibility. Looking back I wish I had. I didn't have enough time. I didn't know how majority of the drugs were dosed, auxiliary labels, and frequency and tried to learn the top 300 in those 6 days instead of that stuff.

Preparation: Go over pharmacy charts (really useful so glad I bought it b4 I started studying for CJPE) and know EVERYTHING in the top 300 its only 5 columns of info. I added more to it like SE but didn't have any besides aux labels really. Few how supplied questions and several dosing frequency questions. Go over HIV I had 2 questions on it and it wasn't the more common stuff IMO. IV compatibility I'd know like the big drugs and use pharmacy chart condensed charts.
I also am not from CA but live and work here now
Waiting on my results Let's go 75! Lol but serious I just want to pass and get my green letter.

thanks for the info pharmgrad! which pretests were you referring to? I know there are sample questions in the CPJE bulletin, but would love to know where else I can find more.

I used the CPJE bulletin and I also did the 30 question sample tests on the psi bulletin (beware it is a bit outdated). I also did a free 20 question exam online typed it into Google.