CPJE: Groundbreaking Alert!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSD2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
"Effective April 2, 2012, the board instituted a quality assurance review of the California Practice Standards and Jurisprudence Examination for Pharmacists (CPJE). This means that there will be a delay in the release of all CPJE examination scores. This process is done periodically to ensure the reliability of the examination. The board will release scores as soon as possible.

Based on historical patterns, the board anticipates results being released approximately August 2012. The board encourages all qualified applicants to continue to schedule and take the CPJE exam. The greater the number of applicants who take the exam during this review period, the sooner results can be released"

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/applicants/cpje_score_delay.pdf

Does this mean it will differ from the past, when it was released in batches?

Members don't see this ad.

The only reason the board does QAs is to deter as many new grads from working in CA due to the softening job market. I am already a working pharmacist; I took the CPJE on April 4th. The only reason I'm trying to get a CA license is for the labor laws. I feel for new grads, especially those of you who are attending CA pharmacy schools and planning on staying in CA. Its quite simple, as a new grad you can either wait around several months for your failed state government to issue your license while your debts mount - making intern rates, or you can start working within weeks (or even days in some states) in another state making a pharmacists salary. Guess what, alot of those who choose the 2nd option end up never coming back to work in CA. This artificially created attrition the board creates by pulling a QA out of their a** is planned and supported by various state pharmacy groups. No other heathcare board in the state has such a practice with their licensing exams (look it up- dental, nursing, medical, etc), just the BOP. If I were a graduating pharmacy student in CA, I'd organize a march on the boards offices in Sacramento or better yet a scheduled board meeting with as many other pharmacy students as possible, because you new grads should be beyond pissed.