CPJE July 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pastalover12

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am taking my CPJE on July 30th, which is in about a week and I'm extremely nervous. I saw that no one has started a new thread for the July one so I thought I might start it!

I am currently focusing a lot on clinical portion since I heard that it mostly consists of clinical stuff, but I was wondering if we have to also know dosages? I am mainly focusing on the big topics (CAP, HAP, asthma, COPD, anticoagulants, ACS/STEMI, diabetes, HTN, dyslipidemia, osteoporosis, antipsych, BPH and HIV). Are these enough? Please let me know if I'm missing anything I should cover before walking into that exam. And for the law portion, would skimming over the weissman book and doing his questions be enough?

Any tips from whoever took the exam (including those who recently took it in July) will be very appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my letter and found out i failed by 3 points... do any of you know what the next predate is going to be? I want to schedule my exam accordingly.
Same for me ! I missed it by 3 points. You have to send a retake application which will take at least 30 days to process. And when you receive your authorization to site for the exam you have to wait for the PSI website to update and for them to send you that yellow document I believe.
I will be sending my retake application this Tuesday.
Good luck to us :)

Reactions: 1 user
Same for me ! I missed it by 3 points. You have to send a retake application which will take at least 30 days to process. And when you receive your authorization to site for the exam you have to wait for the PSI website to update and for them to send you that yellow document I believe.
I will be sending my retake application this Tuesday.
Good luck to us :)
Wait omg are you serious...? So that means we definitely can’t be in the next batch? We can’t take our exam for at least another month?
I didn’t realize the process of reapplying for retake would be that long and complicated...

Wait omg are you serious...? So that means we definitely can’t be in the next batch? We can’t take our exam for at least another month?
I didn’t realize the process of reapplying for retake would be that long and complicated...
maybe over a month. might take longer for retake approval

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! For anyone Who received the letter already. What date was it stated on your letter? Thanks and good luck everyone!

a few people from my work got there results and they live in irvine. im at the bottom of irvine & lake forest area so they are moving down slowly. i have a few in LA as well that didn't get their results as well. guess tuesday might be my day.

Hey all! I just got my letter that I passed! Took the test 7/28 with a predate of 8/20. The letter was stamped 8/30 and I got the letter yesterday (I live in downtown LA). I studied the 2018 RXPrep book and the Weissman pharmacy law book thoroughly. I also found it extremely helpful to have the actual CA pharm law pdf (found on the BOP website) open while reading through the weissman book. In my opinion, the weissman book did a decent job of paraphrasing, but sometimes I needed more details or confirmation of what I read. Good luck to everybody else!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey all! I just got my letter that I passed! Took the test 7/28 with a predate of 8/20. The letter was stamped 8/30 and I got the letter yesterday (I live in downtown LA). I studied the 2018 RXPrep book and the Weissman pharmacy law book thoroughly. I also found it extremely helpful to have the actual CA pharm law pdf (found on the BOP website) open while reading through the weissman book. In my opinion, the weissman book did a decent job of paraphrasing, but sometimes I needed more details or confirmation of what I read. Good luck to everybody else!
Congrats! Did you also study clinical? How long did you read through each book? How long did it take you to study? How many did you feel you got wrong on the exam and how many did you guessed on? Sorry for so many questions. I'm nervous about mine results.

Congrats! Did you also study clinical? How long did you read through each book? How long did it take you to study? How many did you feel you got wrong on the exam and how many did you guessed on? Sorry for so many questions. I'm nervous about mine results.

If by clinical you mean studying the guidelines, then not really. I studied the majority of my pharmacy knowledge from the RXprep book and from the package inserts of drugs if I had specific questions. Sometimes I would look up the guidelines if I had questions about the order of therapy. I spent probably 30 hours a week studying for a month and a half and felt decently confident. I remember that I got about 8 to 10 questions wrong for sure right after I finished the exam. There were a lot of iffy ones that I wasn’t sure if I got right either (maybe also around 8?), so I was thinking I was borderline. Got an 82.

I think previous experience also helps because there were a decent amount of counseling questions which if you worked retail should be second nature. I never worked in a hospital setting outside of clerkship, so unsure how the experience would differ.

Members don't see this ad :)
If by clinical you mean studying the guidelines, then not really. I studied the majority of my pharmacy knowledge from the RXprep book and from the package inserts of drugs if I had specific questions. Sometimes I would look up the guidelines if I had questions about the order of therapy. I spent probably 30 hours a week studying for a month and a half and felt decently confident. I remember that I got about 8 to 10 questions wrong for sure right after I finished the exam. There were a lot of iffy ones that I wasn’t sure if I got right either (maybe also around 8?), so I was thinking I was borderline. Got an 82.

I think previous experience also helps because there were a decent amount of counseling questions which if you worked retail should be second nature. I never worked in a hospital setting outside of clerkship, so unsure how the experience would differ.
Thank you! For sure working in retail helped me. There were a lot of questions i was unsure on and I couldn't remember to look up. Thanks again for your help!

Mhmm I believe you can't take the test for 90 days.

On the most recent Retake Application, it says--> "You will not be allowed to sit for either examination until it has been 90 days from the date of your last examination."

I'm in CA, but its being mailed to my home address in Tx so hopefully I get it soon too
It’s 45 days - law changed last November

Ah I see, ok well I got an 87!!

To anyone that failed, “The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell.”

Reactions: 1 users
got mine and passed with 85!!! congrats to those who also passed!! mine is dated 8/28.

Congratulations guys!

Could you please share what sources you were using and how long you studied for CPJE?

Thank you!

Congratulations guys!

Could you please share what sources you were using and how long you studied for CPJE?

Thank you!

I used the RxPrep CPJE, the RxPrep NAPLEX, and I also purchased the RxPrep online course.
The board also has some useful information...the self-assessment questionnaires and The Script.
In total I studied about 8 weeks, M-F 7-8hr a day. Throughout my studying I made flashcards for Brand/generic names.
For the last week or so before the exam I just memorize the crap of the brand names. I would go everywhere with my quizlet.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if anyone would like to study together, please message me or reply to my post! I’m located in LA/OC area and planning on retaking it on 9/20.
Sorry to hear that. And I think the next predate will be 9/27. Try to reapply ASAP the board takes forever to process any application

What day did they receive your check? Overnighted mine last Tuesday so they got it Wednesday the 5th
I sent mine on 9/1/18. Fedex Overnight. Board received on 9/5 at 8:00AM. Check is not cashed out yet but my license was posted on 9/7/18

Anyone still waiting for their NAPLEX results to be mailed out? I got my CPJE letter 9/1 with only single sheet, but still waiting for NAPLEX :( took 8/6 and haven’t received results and it’s delaying my license

Anyone still waiting for their NAPLEX results to be mailed out? I got my CPJE letter 9/1 with only single sheet, but still waiting for NAPLEX :( took 8/6 and haven’t received results and it’s delaying my license
I am in the same boat :( received cpje on 9/1 and still waiting on naplex. I have a feeling that naplex is also released in batches?? Or maybe results are delayed since board was busy releasing cpje results/processing rph license? Honestly I'm trying to understand why too...

So my license has not posted anyone else send their check in around the 5th? Starting to worry... it does say it was delivered

So my license has not posted anyone else send their check in around the 5th? Starting to worry... it does say it was delivered
it takes 10 business days, which is 2 weeks, from the day they receive it, not the day you send it. mine didn't appear till the 11th business day, after i confirmed delivery with the post office

I guess I’m just worried bc someone else arrived the same day as mine an mine hasn’t posted... I overnighted the 4th and it arrived the 5th. someone else arrived the 5th and theirs was posted by the 7th... suppose to work next week ‍♀️‍♀️

I guess I’m just worried bc someone else arrived the same day as mine an mine hasn’t posted... I overnighted the 4th and it arrived the 5th. someone else arrived the 5th and theirs was posted by the 7th... suppose to work next week ‍♀️‍♀️
I'm in the same boat as you. Overnighted on the 4th and arrived the 5th. License still not posted :(