CPJE May 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xizhang2

Reaction score
Hi I took CPJE on 5/22 and I still havent received my result yet, I called BOP today and they said it's still too early for my result. However I saw a lot of people who took it the same date were able to pay online for their licenses already. I checked today and it says no payment is due. im not sure if this is an indication that I didnt pass. Did any of you receive your result yet ? Im very anxious right now.

Members don't see this ad.

I was unable to pay and I found out today I failed by one point. I’m so disappointed with myself. I’m an out of state grad. I live in Michigan and just got the score in the mail today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope your outcome is different. Fingers crossed.
Thank you, I just got my letter today and I passed, I think I can’t pay online because my Naplex score has not been posted yet. Sorry to hear that you missed by 1 point, that’s the worst feeling. Please let me know how I can help. You can PM me for any questions you have.

Sending you best wishes and success if you’re pursuing retake, this exam is def grueling and random..I can see why multiple attempts are required now. Mentally preparing for round 2
Thank you and I just checked my mail today and I passed. Sending best wishes to you too. I was unable to pay and still get positive outcome, don’t lose hopes yet!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone! I am currently studying for cpje. I am already licensed pharmacist. Graduated 2016. I recently quit my full time job and accepted a part time Opportunity to study for cpje. I am using my rxprep book and just signed up For test bank for rxprep online. Plan is to study Rx prep and keep taking the quizzes. For law I have summary for cpje - pharmacy law

I plan to take this test in August Any tipsl you’ll can share?

TIA

Thank you and I just checked my mail today and I passed. Sending best wishes to you too. I was unable to pay and still get positive outcome, don’t lose hopes yet!

Congrats!
What did you study for the test?
What materials did you use?

I used the huge thick RxPrep book for clinical portion for both Naplex and CPJE
Thank you! Was there a lot of math? Or is it a regular everyday math that we do at pharmacy? (dose calculation based on weight, days supply calculation, etc)?

Thank you! Was there a lot of math? Or is it a regular everyday math that we do at pharmacy? (dose calculation based on weight, days supply calculation, etc)?
There were only 2 math questions for me. Math was easy, if you also studying for Naplex recently, I don't think you need to review math again for CPJE. Just focus on the DRUGS

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello I'm planning on taking my CPJE in August. For those of you that have taken the CPJE this year, what materials are the main focus? Any tips will be helpful please.

Hello I'm planning on taking my CPJE in August. For those of you that have taken the CPJE this year, what materials are the main focus? Any tips will be helpful please.
Hi, I am hoping to take the CPJE in August too (if approved on time). I am out of state. I was wondering how long did to get your CPJE ATT?

There were only 2 math questions for me. Math was easy, if you also studying for Naplex recently, I don't think you need to review math again for CPJE. Just focus on the DRUGS

Thank you!
Did you have a lot of Federal Law questions? Like adulteration vs mis-brandishing, Keffer/etc?

brand generics top 400
monitoring parameters
i used RX Prep and Pharmacy Charts
Around 10 law questions that are scenario based

I am out of state and I sent my application in and it arrived beginning of June. I received my ATT 1 month later. Once you see your cash has been checked (3 weeks after I sent in), it took me one more week to get an e-mail and letter from the board. The ATT was instant after you get the e0mail from the board. (However in my case, NABP was dumb and didnt generate the code so I had to go bug the CA Board who then emailed NABP and that's how I got my code.. 2 weeks later) but it is supposed to be instant for NAPLEX so keep that in mind. Don't be dumb like me and let NABP take their sweet time. I tried asking NABP what is going on and they kept saying they were waiting for the state to grant me eligibility. That's false; it should be instantly after you receive the e-mail from CA BOP saying you are eligible.

CPJE eligibility is the next day, you go to the PSI website and put in your social security # to register for your exam.

brand generics top 400
monitoring parameters
i used RX Prep and Pharmacy Charts
Around 10 law questions that are scenario based

I am out of state and I sent my application in and it arrived beginning of June. I received my ATT 1 month later. Once you see your cash has been checked (3 weeks after I sent in), it took me one more week to get an e-mail and letter from the board. The ATT was instant after you get the e0mail from the board. (However in my case, NABP was dumb and didnt generate the code so I had to go bug the CA Board who then emailed NABP and that's how I got my code.. 2 weeks later) but it is supposed to be instant for NAPLEX so keep that in mind. Don't be dumb like me and let NABP take their sweet time. I tried asking NABP what is going on and they kept saying they were waiting for the state to grant me eligibility. That's false; it should be instantly after you receive the e-mail from CA BOP saying you are eligible.

CPJE eligibility is the next day, you go to the PSI website and put in your social security # to register for your exam.

did you pass CPJE ?! did you use pharmacy charts 2019 ?

I used 2020. I find it really helpful since there's clinical pearls after each section. Also CPJE Secrets PDF on eBay is helpful if you want more of the law material
I haven't received my results yet!

Also just a heads up for anyone starting the application process for NAPLEX, NABP has no way of telling you if they received your transcript or not. You can be granted eligibility but not have your transcripts verified. If it isn't verified, you can take your NAPLEX still, but you wont be able to see your score online. I had to bug them since MAY to process my transcript. They finally processed it after 2 months, many emails, and many phone calls. Such a struggle to even sign up for these 2 tests.

Congratulations!
What can you tell me about how the CPJE compares to the naplex? I took the NAPLEX and passed five years ago. I just got the RX prep 2021 book to study from. But it’s a lot of material and I only have a month and work full time. I’m preparing as if the CA board will approve me so I can take the August test, that’s what I’m hoping for.

Congratulations!
What can you tell me about how the CPJE compares to the naplex? I took the NAPLEX and passed five years ago. I just got the RX prep 2021 book to study from. But it’s a lot of material and I only have a month and work full time. I’m preparing as if the CA board will approve me so I can take the August test, that’s what I’m hoping for.
I would say to focus on the drugs for all topics, indication, dosages, frequencies, side effects, monitoring etc. you should also get the law book summary from RX prep, study IV conversion, math, and immunization.

Thank you!
Did you have a lot of Federal Law questions? Like adulteration vs mis-brandishing, Keffer/etc?
No, I didnt get any questions like that. But again the test is random so you should make sure you get all the points from law. Good luck!

Thank you, I just got my letter today and I passed, I think I can’t pay online because my Naplex score has not been posted yet. Sorry to hear that you missed by 1 point, that’s the worst feeling. Please let me know how I can help. You can PM me for any questions you have.
Hi I am just wondering what do you mean NAPLEX score not posted? I am waiting for mine too. I heard some of my friends could pay yesterday already. I still wait for it. Did you take Naplex way after CPJE? Thanks