CPJE- QA- Score Delay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NhuY

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
FYI:

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/applicants/cpje_score_delay.pdf

Effective August 2, 2010, the board instituted a quality assurance review of the California Practice Standards and Jurisprudence Examination for Pharmacists (CPJE). This means that there will be a delay in the release of all CPJE examination scores. This process is done periodically to ensure the reliability of the examination. The board will release scores as soon as possible. Based on historical patterns, the board anticipates results being released approximately October 2010.
The board encourages all qualified applicants to continue to schedule and take the CPJE exam. The greater the number of applicants who take the exam during this review period, the sooner results can be released.
________
Frying

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is there any way to get around this score delay? The QA just took place a while ago and the Board is again having another one!? This is unnecessary and unreasonable. The pharmacy that hired me would not let me start working until I am licensed as a pharmacist, and it anticipates me to get licensed by September. Now that the score won't be released until likely October according to the message, there is a risk that the company will let me go since it is now going through budget constraint. It took me months to finally find a job, and there have already been numerous changes in its terms of hiring by the company since then from delaying my starting time to decreasing the work hours offered... Is there a way to get the Board to realize that time is difficult now and there are unemployed license applicants who really need to get licensed now? :(

This suck! Last year they had a QA review around August 1st too, so it looks like they are following similiar pattern.

Is there any way to get around this score delay? The QA just took place a while ago and the Board is again having another one!? This is unnecessary and unreasonable. The pharmacy that hired me would not let me start working until I am licensed as a pharmacist, and it anticipates me to get licensed by September. Now that the score won't be released until likely October according to the message, there is a risk that the company will let me go since it is now going through budget constraint. It took me months to finally find a job, and there have already been numerous changes in its terms of hiring by the company since then from delaying my starting time to decreasing the work hours offered... Is there a way to get the Board to realize that time is difficult now and there are unemployed license applicants who really need to get licensed now? :(

Most of my friends took the CPJE after 8/2 and some will take the test soon. Most of their employers are expecting them to get licensed as soon as possible...but now score delay. I'm worried for them too. I thought CA board just had QA last April...and now again.
________
COLORADO DISPENSARIES

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just wrote a email to the Board explaining my situation. Not really optimistic but I am crossing my fingers. :xf:

Maybe other applicants who are affected by the current score release delay would like to consider presenting their difficulties to the Board, too. Hopefully, the Board will realize the potential impact of having a QA during this time of limited opportunities when it receive the opinions of those who may be affected.

When did u take ur CPJE? Please update me regarding ur email to the Board. Thanks
________
Chrysler Lh Engine

Last edited:
I heard that QA has more to do with the lobbyists running the state politics and in turn the state board to keep the labor demand high and subsequently price of good/services high. Trick from the economics.

Otherwise, there would be no need to do QA time and again the same year, right after students graduate, need 400 sample size (where in the statistics you need that big sample size?), back to back QA (last one was from April through June or July 2010).

Everyone has to wait till October is indeed unfair and unbelievable. No wonder why our great state has gone broke? Unqualified and underqualified people are running the show on lobbyists' influence.

I really want to know who are accountable for this QA crap. Who have the authority to decide whether QA should be carried out or not? Who have sold themselves and our profession out to whoever want the QA to be in place? If I am going to get focked up I gonna know who the fockers are.

I really want to know who are accountable for this QA crap. Who have the authority to decide whether QA should be carried out or not? Who have sold themselves and our profession out to whoever want the QA to be in place? If I am going to get focked up I gonna know who the fockers are.

Hey coffee4drug, you're the man! You spoke what was on my mind. Do you think you can forward that to the board so we can get our result faster? Haha JK :D but yeah it's stupid!

CA board of pharmacy is just a manifestation on how the state is failing and falling in all aspects. I have a friend in WA, he applied for the test, got his results and his license in less than a month ! CA is deeply corrupt and all politicians sould be voted out. The most ironic thing is that the fastest thing the board does is cashing our checks and then leave our applications hanging for months. They don't answer calls or emails or faxes.

CA board of pharmacy is just a manifestation on how the state is failing and falling in all aspects. I have a friend in WA, he applied for the test, got his results and his license in less than a month ! CA is deeply corrupt and all politicians sould be voted out. The most ironic thing is that the fastest thing the board does is cashing our checks and then leave our applications hanging for months. They don't answer calls or emails or faxes.

Like WA, all of my friends who went to states other than CA took their tests within a month and got licensed few weeks after the tests. Some states even have MPJE score online.
Gov workers and their union want nothing more than higher benefits, more PTOs, more sick days. No oversight for their work ethics, efficiency or service. They are quick to cask checks and increasing fees, creating bogus rules and regulations, and thus creating unnecessary jobs.

Members don't see this ad :)
True story. I heard a foreign pharmacist intern went to the BOP and begged them to release her score because her visa was expiring, they reluctantly agreed, fortunately she passed.

the same thing happened last yr! fortunately the scores were released ahead of schedule.

Around what time did the board release scores last year? They said Oct and my friends are guessing mid-Oct.

Any chance for late Sept? :D

I just took the damn thing today. And yes my employer is hounding me on when I can be licensed.

Hi eddie269,

Wish you all the best for CPJE results. Could you please share your experience on CPJE. I am done with Naplex, and now CPJE is the pending requirement. Please give your input. I would really appreciate it.

FYI:

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/applicants/cpje_score_delay.pdf

Effective August 2, 2010, the board instituted a quality assurance review of the California Practice Standards and Jurisprudence Examination for Pharmacists (CPJE). This means that there will be a delay in the release of all CPJE examination scores. This process is done periodically to ensure the reliability of the examination. The board will release scores as soon as possible. Based on historical patterns, the board anticipates results being released approximately October 2010.
The board encourages all qualified applicants to continue to schedule and take the CPJE exam. The greater the number of applicants who take the

Back in the old days the Pharmacy schools would admit less students if
the professional was over crowded.Now they just withhold telling you that you have passed the exam. How times have changed. Why don't you address a letter to your Rx school dean and ask him what is going on and you want a refund. The comments are correct that the State of California does not want to put more pharmacists into the system. This is why the CA law is so tough. It is there to stop you.

Good luck

As of 9/15 the number of candidates has been updated to 378. 22 more to go !

Haven't checked this thread in a while. Thanks for the update!

I took my cpje last week. So once it reaches 400, does everyone get their scores right away? Or do they keep the results for a while and then release them? This wait's killing me.

Once the QA is done I don't think they keep the results for a long time. May be they will start mailing the results by the end of this month or beginning of October. Good luck to everybody. Hope you will get the green letter. :)

Just wanted to let everyone know that CPJE results are out. I received my score today and I live in San Diego. I took the CPJE during the early part of the quality review process (early August). Good luck everyone!

I got my green letter!! yay finally got the good news after 2 months of waiting. Passed CPJE, now mailing the app for license...so relieved!! Thanks all for you guys posts so far on this thread and SDN!

Hi everyone,

I got 74 on cpje:( Does anyone know if there is a way to go for rescoring on CPJE? Please help.........thanks

Hi everyone,

I got 74 on cpje:( Does anyone know if there is a way to go for rescoring on CPJE? Please help.........thanks

Sorry to hear that!! check the re-score notice from the board's website before you decide to pay for re-score.
http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/regrade_procedure.pdf

I found a hospital drugs review very helpful when I was studying since I came from retail background while i was in school.

I got my green letter!! yay finally got the good news after 2 months of waiting. Passed CPJE, now mailing the app for license...so relieved!! Thanks all for you guys posts so far on this thread and SDN!

let me guess, the 2 green sheets are the licensing papers right? I too was close, too close to passing but will have to take it again.

Good luck to all in the future.

i'm sorry to hear about that! i can't imagine how it would feel :(

good luck, and I know you will pass the next time, hang in there....

Congratulations to all who have passed CPJE and all the best for your jobs!! I will have to take it again in dec.
All of you who cleared this examination, please give some tips as to how to go about the preparation. I was very close, got a score of 74. As per the breakdown I have low score in Area 3: Manage Operations in Accordance with CA law(40% of exam). Please advise how should I prepare for the next time.

I will be very thankful to all of you.

Zebeta- I would recommend the Weissman book, especially the review questions and time period allotment. I was able to read through that book in about a week. As I was transferring my license from Arizona, most of the questions were things I learned during my residency -- I think the NAPLEX review book would be useful for this portion. Good luck!

Haha I was actually going to ask that too! No, I haven't seen my name on the BOP yet! Overnighted my check on Thursday and it was received on Monday as the BOP was closed on Friday. Still waiting...

I went to the board last Thursday (9/23) to personally turn it in myself. Still waiting also....

I took my CPJE on Sept 17th at 130pm and I haven't got my results yet. I'm getting that I just missed the boat on the QA and will have to wait the full 3-4 wks. Did anyone from that day get their results yet?

Yay! My license has been posted on the board's website. Finally an official pharmacist!

Hi Neyerx,
How did you get your results so fast? Did you get the results in the mail or did you check a website of some sort? I heard that they release the results in batches so maybe I might get mine soon. I am living in San Diego....it's not that far from sacramento, right?

I got mine back today too and I took my CPJE on the 30th. Actually got BOTH NAPLEX and CPJE results today, (took NAPLEX 23rd). I'm ecstatic! :D

i have done my cpje 0n 20th september.i am worried about my result and please let me know if how many questions are correct to pass the cpje.any reply would be appreciated.

Took the CPJE 9/27, received results today (10/6). Mailed out my $150/intern license/Final app. Anyone have insight about how long this final licensing process takes? What turnaround times have people experienced? Thanks in advance.

Yay!!! I passed!!! The letter was dated for the 4th but I received it today after work. Unfortunately, the board will be closed on Friday so I fedex'ed my check to arrive on Monday. I am hoping that the license # will be posted on Tuesday.