cpje

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

digi123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys Plese let me know
For some Iv medications we need to calculate peak and through concentrations-Eg.tobramycin draw peak 30 mins after 30mins of inifusion and trough conc..prior to next dose.My qustion is when is next dose(i mean after howmany hr)???for some iv drugs trough conc is prior to next dose,please let me know after howmany hours the next dose is??
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Guys Plese let me know
For some Iv medications we need to calculate peak and through concentrations-Eg.tobramycin draw peak 30 mins after 30mins of inifusion and trough conc..prior to next dose.My qustion is when is next dose(i mean after howmany hr)???for some iv drugs trough conc is prior to next dose,please let me know after howmany hours the next dose is??
thanks

are you talking about general iv meds or specific. If it is general I don't know of any general rules it's patient and medication specific. but if you are talking about Aminoglycosides it depends on the CrCl. the dose is given Q24h,Q12h or Q8h. you usually take the pick after 3rd dose and trough before the third dose.