• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

abr

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
5 PAT tests (~$70)
or
10 PAT tests (~$100)
?

Do you feel you gained enough skill and practice from the 5 tests, or would the 10 tests be much more beneficial?

About the Ads

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
More is always better but paying more is always worse :)
I think 5 was more than enough and going thru 5 of them to review, analyzing them already took about 2~3 weeks for me so unless you wanna spend a whole month for PAT, i think 5 is enough. I think 5 tests should give you idea of what to do and strategy.

But I can never say 10 is worse than 5. 10 is equal or better than 5 but most likely equal to 5 :)

Svart Aske

Dental Padawan
10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2008
I'm planning on getting the 10 test version. The $30 difference isn't much, especially if you realize that you need more practice than 5 tests.

steelrfan8

10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
I bought 5 and realized since they're such great practice that I wanted to do 5 more so I had to pay the 10 dolalr penelty to add 5 more tests to my purchase.

Definatly buy 10 because even if you do well on the 1st 5 (it'll probably be a progression, you start off a little low and by the 5th you'll be much higher) so when you get good, you have a few extra new tsts to test you skills on.

myair

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I bought the 10 one, while knowing O don't have enough time, I end up doing 3 of them. But $30 is not that much to debate about.

Protactinium

5+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2009
Toronto
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
So I guess the Royal Flush edition (200) would be too excessive, even for the most incompetents of PA?
I would get at least 10, 30 dollar difference (50% increase in price) for double the product. PAT seems to be a section where practice makes perfect.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.