Crack DAT PAT - First Test Score = 18...Good Or Bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NonTradHopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I began CDP last week, and after taking my first test, I got an 18. Is this a decent score for the first test on CDP?

What did some of your score on your first CDP, and how did it compare to how you scored on the last few tests?...and how did you ultimately perform on the real PAT?

I just want to get an idea of how I'm starting out.

Many thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

First test I got a 18..and I took 1.5 hours on it. last few tests I was getting anywhere from 20-23, and on the real thing I got a 24. So don't worry, it's all about practice and you will get the hang of it

If that is your first time and if you finished with 1 hour time limit, I think that is pretty darn good.

I got 19 on my first time but I knew 60 minutes wasn't enough so I extended 10 minutes.

After a while when PAT section started "clicking," I consistently got 21-22 on CDP, and I got 22 on my real PAT.

First test I got a 18..and I took 1.5 hours on it. last few tests I was getting anywhere from 20-23, and on the real thing I got a 24. So don't worry, it's all about practice and you will get the hang of it

If that is your first time and if you finished with 1 hour time limit, I think that is pretty darn good.

I got 19 on my first time but I knew 60 minutes wasn't enough so I extended 10 minutes.

After a while when PAT section started "clicking," I consistently got 21-22 on CDP, and I got 22 on my real PAT.

Yeah, I did 60 minutes (with about 1 minute to spare), and got an 18. Although, I did have to guess on about 5 or 6 of them, b/c they were too hard.

I really do hope it clicks after I start going through more of them.

Thanks for the reply, and I welcome more feedback from others as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was consistently getting 21-22 on CDP and on the real thing I got an 18 :(...you can never really know..

my first cdp was a 19, second 20, third 19, then I took the first 3 again (with a 50 min self imposed time limit bcs i could go quicker since i'd seen the q's bfor) and retook each test until i scored 25's on them(took 3 attempts on test 2)...It was smooth sailing from there- fourth test 24, and everything after that was 22-25... cdp is awesome to practice with and I owe my score to that program, but the 2009 ada's pat was (obviously) the closest to the real thing-I got a 25 on that and a 25 on my real dat.
i think u r in good shape

my first cdp was a 19, second 20, third 19, then I took the first 3 again (with a 50 min self imposed time limit bcs i could go quicker since i'd seen the q's bfor) and retook each test until i scored 25's on them(took 3 attempts on test 2)...It was smooth sailing from there- fourth test 24, and everything after that was 22-25... cdp is awesome to practice with and I owe my score to that program, but the 2009 ada's pat was (obviously) the closest to the real thing-I got a 25 on that and a 25 on my real dat.
i think u r in good shape

I just took the second test in CDP today, and yet again, I scored an 18. How long until you guys noticed your scores starting to rise? Was it after the third? fifth? sixth? CDP test?

Got 18 on my first or second CDP. After the first few, I started scoring 22-25. But on the real DAT, I scored an 18. I believe 18 is definitely a good place to start, but you should keep in mind that CDP won't exactly tell you what you will score on the real PAT. It varies per person :) Good luck!

I just took the second test in CDP today, and yet again, I scored an 18. How long until you guys noticed your scores starting to rise? Was it after the third? fifth? sixth? CDP test?

As I said earlier my score didnt start to change much until I was able to score 25's on the first 3 tests...you really need to get comfortable with the PAT before you can master it. search the forums and try different methods for each of the 6 pat subsections and see what works for u... u'll get the hang of it, everybody does.

Did you guys just jump straight into Crack Dat PAT without any tutorials or strategies?

I did and I think I got a 15 or 16 on my first one. Then I read the first couple pages of my wicked sick PAT tutorial and jumped up to a 18 or 19 then I just slowly creeped up to 21-23's and got a 20 on the real thing. I felt key holes and TFE was harder on the real thing.

Good luck

i was consistently getting 21-22 on CDP and on the real thing I got an 18 :(...you can never really know..

I agree. I received low to mid-20s on all 10 CDP tests and got a 18 on my first DAT and a 20 on my second. My advice would be to use the most difficult PAT program to prepare. I felt CDP was a bit easier than the actually DAT PAT section. I wish I had had a more diverse preparation for that section.

Did you guys just jump straight into Crack Dat PAT without any tutorials or strategies?

Yes, I got a 16 didn't even get to the last 29 questions in my 60 minutes. Did the next one with no time limits and got a pathetic 18, then another. Checked out the PAT tutorial thread (I read EVERY post on there). Then I started to get around 20 on CDP. My last few were 23 or more. Achiever helps you prepare too though your score will be pretty low the whole time (~17-19). On the real thing I got a 23 partly due to CDP and partly due to Achiever.

Scored an 18 or 19 for CDP tests 1-4. For CDP tests 5-10 I scored anywhere from 20-23. On the real thing I scored a 20.

I know this is kind of a late post, but I ended up scoring a 25 on the real PAT.

I scored 18 on my first CDP, and scored around that range for the next two. I went back and redid the first few and did the next two or three...by then I was scoring around 21 or 22.

...ended up with a 25 on the real thing. I feel it prepares you really well.