1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Crack PAT vs. Real? Help! Need advice.

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by pursuingadream, Aug 8, 2015.

1. pursuingadream

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Has anyone who has recently taken the DAT and used Crack PAT provide their scores on the real PAT section and scores from the Crack software?
    PAT is very difficult for me and I'm getting mixed reviews about whether it's much easier than the real DAT or about on par or even harder.
    I'm really confused by the feedback actually so I need some guidance. I don't want to be underprepared and think I'm okay. THANKS!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mushibachan

Dental Student
    I scored a few points higher on all the CDP exams than the actual DAT. I stopped doing them after test 5 because my DAT tutor friend said that CDP should be used just to introduce you to the PAT sections

4. pursuingadream

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    So what did you start using after you stopped using CDP? I have 2 weeks until my DAT, scoring 19 and 20 on CDP- What do you advise?

5. Mushibachan

Dental Student
    definitely Bootcamp

6. Friendster

2+ Year Member

I say if you can get solid 20s on the CDP exams you should be fine for the actual PAT. I was averaging 20-23 on the last 5 CDP exams and on the actual PAT I scored a 25. I also suggest that you really study the questions and answers after each CDP exam, I think that helped me a lot.

Overall, I felt that the actual PAT was a little easier than CDP, except for keyholes. It was a little more tricky but still doable.

7. Mushibachan

Dental Student
    yeah I would say everyone is different. CDP seemed like a breeze and then BC was a lot harder. My actual DAT was like more like BC, so I would recommend him to just do as many practice problems as he can so that he is exposed to as many PAT problems as possible

Friendster likes this.