SeminoleFan3

10+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
I graduated from Florida State with a BA in religion, and then picked up my prereqs at a CC. My LORs are from an assortment of professors at the schools I attended, including a non-science one from FSU. I didn't get a committee letter from them because I didn't take my prereqs there. However, I didn't explain this to any of the schools I applied to when I did send in my LORs. Is this a problem? Should I have explained it, or is it just assumed I wouldn't have the committee letter since I didn't take my science classes there?

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
Doesnt the AMCAS tell you to list your recommendors? If not, the secondaries will ask you to list em. Usually they have the option of choosing either the school in which your committee letter will be coming from or the names of the people who are writing your recs. Im sure that in itself would clarify volumes. even then most recs have all this information that the writer would need to fill out anyways so you dont need to really say anything.

Dr.TobiasFünke

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2006
New York, NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Here's whats going to happen... they are going to review your application until they get to the recommendations section. Upon discovering your mistake they're going to post your entire application in the M1 lounge where they can all spit and defecate until they send it back to you with your rejection letter.

RELAX!!! Send them a letter if you're really worried.

About the Ads

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Sem,

I think you're okay. You sent the committee letter from the school where it was appropriate. How would a premed committee at UF be expected to evaluate your performance when you didn't even take any science classes there?

:luck:

Jackie

WilliamsF1

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
jackieMD2007 said:
Sem,

I think you're okay. You sent the committee letter from the school where it was appropriate. How would a premed committee at UF be expected to evaluate your performance when you didn't even take any science classes there?

:luck:

Jackie
He said FSU, not UF. :) We don't have a pre-med committee here at UF. We have to have individuals write up a LOR and send it to a service our school has for all students needing LOR. They get them and send them for you together once you get secondaires (it's used for all pre-med, law, mba, etc students)

For the OP, I don't think you should worry about it. As long as they get all the LOR you sent, you should be fine.

CavalierMD

Secondary Stalker 4-Lyf!
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Status
Pre-Medical
calm down, friend. the adcomm is not a machine, it can think... and it is fully capable of the following thought process:
"LIAR! I see no committee letter here! FSU has a committee! He must die!"
"Wait, what is this pesky little CC letterhead with all these grades on it? These grades belong to science courses... pre-medcourses!"
" :idea: no FSU committee letter... because he wasn't a pre-med at FSU :idea: I get it!"
"Interview him I say!"

Chill.

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
OR WHATEVER SCHOOL YOU SAID. GEEZ. You get my point.

Thanks for the backup, CavMD. *high five*

About the Ads