Crazy interview stories?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jr doctor in sd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's hear em! anyone have a weird experience? or walk out knowing they got in...or rejected? Or odd questions? :)

Members don't see this ad.

oh sorry! any way to delete it?! ill check first next time :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah since I'm a physics major, I said 6.63 x 10^-34.
He ended the interview and told me I should be getting in.

Oh...God.

interview in T-56 hours. What will Picklesali be doing? memorizing constants?

eh...probably not.

Yeah since I'm a physics major, I said 6.63 x 10^-34.
He ended the interview and told me I should be getting in.

Hah! Nice! I'm hoping he only asked you that because of your major, or I'm in serious trouble. I've got an interview tomorrow morning, but I'm NOT breaking out my MCAT books.

My favorite/oddest question asked so far (ok, so only one interview so far) was what my favorite medically-related tv show was. I started think of all of the ulterior issues this question could be looking for, and started rattling off all of the shows I've watched (way too many), and why it would or wouldn't be my favorite (i.e., Grey's is too unrealistic and soap opera-like), and I think I ended up settling on Mystery Diagnosis. I then asked my interviewer what his was, and he looked at me and said simply "Scrubs" and laughed. Har. I looked abashed and said I'd never watched it (true). So, in addition to reading up on health care and ethics, WATCH ALL MEDICALLY RELATED TV SHOWS! ;)

Hah! Nice! I'm hoping he only asked you that because of your major, or I'm in serious trouble. I've got an interview tomorrow morning, but I'm NOT breaking out my MCAT books.

Best of luck tomorrow.

My favorite/oddest question asked so far (ok, so only one interview so far) was what my favorite medically-related tv show was. I started think of all of the ulterior issues this question could be looking for, and started rattling off all of the shows I've watched (way too many), and why it would or wouldn't be my favorite (i.e., Grey's is too unrealistic and soap opera-like), and I think I ended up settling on Mystery Diagnosis. I then asked my interviewer what his was, and he looked at me and said simply "Scrubs" and laughed. Har. I looked abashed and said I'd never watched it (true). So, in addition to reading up on health care and ethics, WATCH ALL MEDICALLY RELATED TV SHOWS! ;)

GOOD LUCK phoenix! =]...i hope it goes great. let us know how it went.

same to you picklesali - ull do awesome! :thumbup:

GOOD LUCK phoenix! =]...i hope it goes great. let us know how it went.

same to you picklesali - ull do awesome! :thumbup:

Awww shucks :oops: Thanks, I hope so, it's my first one! I love this school too, so I'm going to have to try really hard to avoid drooling on the buildings...and the interviewers.